Recommendation in Cornwall or Bath area

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decapman

Reaction score
I imported and had fitted a 1910cc engine from the US with twin webbers. Thing is I am only getting 13mpg which cant be right, so I need to find someone who can set up and tune the engine for me, it seems to be running rich.
I never seem to get time during a normal working week to sort stuff like this out but I will be on holiday at Longleat and then St Ives so I could easily take a day out to get it sorted.
Any recommendations?

Marcus

ello mate 8)

If you are willing to drive to Thornbury (just outside Bristol) its not to far from Longleat. They have a rolling road and a great rep with setting up carbs etc. Our whole club use them.

The companies name is Interpro and their phone number is 01454 412777. Just ask for Jason Billet (he is the one that sorts out all the VWs) All the engine work on mine has been carried out by them and I can guarentee their great work. :mrgreen:

Just say you got told about them from EZ of The Old Volks club and you will get that all important treatment. 8)

Any probs let me know. :wink:

Thanks for the steer
Booked in for next Tuesday with Jason!

Early Bay forum comes up trumps again.
I will report back with the findings.

Marcus

decapman said:
Thanks for the steer
Booked in for next Tuesday with Jason!

Early Bay forum comes up trumps again.
I will report back with the findings.

Marcus

Nice :mrgreen:

The trip to Interpro was a great success and fun too.

Jason got the bus up on the rolling road and the initial HP reading was 74.9
It was running very riscj and the carb linkage needed quite a bit of work, plus re jetting etc.
Eventually after 4 hours we had a final test showing 89.9HP, quite a difference.

Now getting 17 to 18mpg on a long run, just back today from St Ives and the bus ran faultlessly the whole two weeks.
Fair blasted up the old A303.
I made sure I waved at everyone in a bus, so if you saw me, (beige 71 deluxe with rear westy rack and bicycle rack on the back) I hope your trip s as safe and trouble free as ours. Cant say the same for the weather though, fair chcked down for the whole two weeks and I am sure the drain holes in the sunroof are blocked as we had quite a bit of water in the front cab.

Marcus

Glad it all worked out dood 8) Jase is a top man and loves to see another earlybay running like a dream :mrgreen:

Fraggle - get your van in dood :wink:

Latest posts