Registered my bus today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beef

Reaction score
Couldn't have been easier, just drove to Chelmsford DVLA office with US title document, MOT, insurance cover note, proof of age from Historic VW society, ID and a my cheque book. Filled in a few lines of the V55/5, and was told I'd get something nice in the post in a few days. I was so surprised at how quick and easy it was that I questioned the guy behind the counter about it. Fingers crossed that it doesn't all of a sudden turn into a nightmare.

Our resto is hopefully drawing to a close and it was only started back in Oct so not too bad really considering the amount of work we have asked to be done, just a little frustrating when you get close to seeing it finally on the road!

How long did yours take, if you dont mind me asking?

It was being worked on for longer than it should, but that was because at first we didn't realise what was wrong. All done now, well engine running nicely, lowered, new bits and pieces underneath....

I don't know if they will want to inspect it, but if they do I think I'd be allowed to drive it there.

Must be that time of year! Mine was last Friday, was asked to bring it back in to be inspected on Tuesday and had to drop off the tax/import doc off this morning (was'nt signed! :roll: ). Looking forward to the letter with the number now. Would be 3 years at the end of September for me.

Nick

Latest posts