Removal and replacement of indicator stalk

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty909

Reaction score
Hi

Am looking to remove the indicator stalk on my bus - I assume that I need to remove the steering wheel to sucessfully do the change?

If so what is the best way to remove the wheel?

Many thanks

Hi, about to ask same question and saw yours.However, I bought a new stalk and went to replace tonight. New stalk has 9/10 wires and my 1969 van has only 5!! No instructions with new unit or in manuals. Any help/advice appreciated.

my stalk has nine wires but the bus only has eight so i used trial and error by joining the different wires together until i found the right combination. Not ideal but it worked. The other way would be to use a multimeter, not very expensive and cuts out all the guesswork.

Nortonfitz

If you got your stalk from VW Heritage then I have the wiring colour conversion chart that I can dig out - having installed my stalk last week on a 1970. However you will see a separate thread that I have posted with problems with the headlamps & full beam - still trying to resolve!!

Latest posts