Removing vw badge

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiplee123

Reaction score
I would like to get my front grill , wipers , and vw badge chromed. I think it's gonna work out a bit expensive!
A friend of mine does nickel plating and he recons you can't tell the difference when plating small items. I've gotta find out from him how much he charges?
Who thinks my wipers, grill and vw badge would look good chromed / nickeled

Anyway I've had a look at my badge it seems it has I think 3 push in lugs which push in to the front van panel. How do I remove the badge, I don't won't to chip or damage any paint trying to pull the badge off. Is there an easy way to remove it?
It seems to b on there quite tight

Hi mate there are 4 prongs on the back of the VW badge when i took mine off i wrapped a big flat blade screwdriver in a tea towel and gently put it behind the badge and slowly eased it off moving round badge as it came away ,

Slow and steady is the key mate

just changed my badge, the old one came off leaving the four plastic plugs in the holes as it was stuck on with doublesided tape by the PO. :roll:
They were breaking up and were old, but as said above just using a flat blade screwdriver and cloth/card just eased them out enough to get a pair of flat nosed pliers onto each one and with some twisting and turning they came out fairly easy.
;)
You may need some new ones unless you are really careful when you come to put the badge back on.

My personal opinion is that I don't like chromed grilles (having only really seen repro or late bay ones like that) but who knows - it might look great!
I love the colour combo on your van and throwing some fresh chrome might contrast a bit.

As always mate, your van, your decision!

your vw looks sweet, totally chrome the vw symbol and the grill. Can you seriously have toooooo much chrome ? I always think it makes a vehicle look older.

As the invitation is there I may as well put my pennies worth in.
Don't nickel instead of chrome. It looks totally different
Don't chrome the grill...paint it body colour 8)

gvee said:
IMO, don't chrome the front grille!
Your bus looks the nuts with the black bits 8)

^^^ WHS

I think you bus looks great with the black trim, I wouldn't change it! All black trim does look the mutts, and it goes nice with the modern headlamp unit.

Though your bus, your rules! I want to take my badge off to paint, not worried to much if the paint gets marked, as it's ratty anyway, but yours isn't. Would be a real shame if you slipped getting it off. I'm clumsy as fook, so i know it'd happen! :roll:

Cheers,

Alistair

Ok people I really appreciate your thoughts

I'm the sort of bloke who does what I'm gonna do and if I've made my mind up that's normally it!

But I'm gonna go with what you all say , general thoughts are to stick with the black so I will
It's gonna save me money which I can spend inside instead!
I just got it in my head it was gonna look better ? But maybe not
I'll just chrome the wipers cos there looking a bit tired and leave the rest as it is

Thanks chaps

Thanks tofufi
it's how it was when I brought it
In fact it was like this when imported from Cali around 4 years ago
I'll leave it alone :p

Latest posts