Removing wheels from rear once slammed

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulbay70

Reaction score
Hi can any one help me, i've Slammed My early bay 3inches at the back!! Its almost imposible to remove/put back on the Wheel at rear. Is there any thing i can do to make it easier??? i only jack the rear end up but the wheels don't come out the arches enough. Please help, i'm wanting to put White BRM 5. thanks

welcome to EB Paul... :D

you need to take the shock of its bottom mount to let the wheel drop a bit further :wink:

I use the creative adjustable spring plates, they help loads as they allow the spring plate to drop right down. If you put shorter shocks on (which is recomended) then you will need to undo the lower shock mount too, only 1 bolt.

Had that problem on mine this week, unbolting the shocks didn't seem to help, they were 17inch wheels though, it took my mate to wriggle the wheel and me to push a bar in the suspension to force it down

I have an aluminium pry bar to stand on, levered between the chassis rail and bump stop plate.

Tyres are 205/70 R15, bus is dropped 5.5" and no drama. :wink:

Latest posts