Replacement Engine

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well stuttered to Littlehampton with help from AA for last mile and a half.

Now to sus out refurb or new?

Well well well

counter weight cracked in half and crank shaft snapped in half!!!!

Well it has to be a new block!! Not worth anything in exchange.

I'd love to know how it happened refurb stage or in fitting out.

I wish the previous and previous previous owners had clocked up 6000 miles whilst it was under warranty.

onward onward onward

yes I'm going to look at it at the weekend and I'll take some shots,, if I charge a £1 a look it'll pay for the new engine!!!

10414531_10204988986228199_5572197671204279120_n.jpg

10435702_10204988987548232_3631733883400353667_n.jpg

Look at it good enough to eat off 4000 miles later!!!

But cast iron sliced in two. Someone has hammered on the pulley in fitting the engine at some point loads of wear all over her.

Thoughts, unlucky and rare. No good for reconditioning either!!!

Matt48 said:
someone elsewhere said about lack of use and that fits with previous owner.
It has nothing to do with lack of use. The VW crankshaft is a lovely piece of kit but they do break, but I have only seen about 6 in 40yrs of building engines.The crank could have been dropped, this could cause it to fracture. Why discard the old unit? A align bore and a rebiuld is possible. Also the engine in the picture does not look very clean for a low mileage engine. Robert

Marriedblonde said:
O saw this on Facebook, not good. I have seen one other crank like this. It was from an engine that was owned by a complete animal who caned it everywhere.

J.
Looks like mine which was owned by a complete animal who caned it in every gear until it would rev no higher - so he said.

ZedBed said:
Marriedblonde said:
O saw this on Facebook, not good. I have seen one other crank like this. It was from an engine that was owned by a complete animal who caned it everywhere.

J.
Looks like mine which was owned by a complete animal who caned it in every gear until it would rev no higher - so he said.
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m166/zedbed99/Green%20bus/R0010056.j
pg

Hello there mate.
Ozziedog,,,,,,,, good to see ya, if you know what I mean.

Latest posts