Replacement front seats - suggestions please?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saercoed

Reaction score
We have a 1971 Early Bay which we have done up over a seven months period and have been out in her three of four times this summer.

The original seats were not original and the runners non existent. So we installed a pair of Astra GTE seats ( which are a Recorro type), however whilst head clearance and pedal and floor reach was good the confront to the back was poor!

So we then obtained a pair of Saab seats which are very comfortable, but my head brushes the roof, and when I put the sun visor down I cannot see out of the window! I also have to lean down to look out the side window (and I am only 5' 10"!

Has anyone got any suggestions for a comfortable, slim ( thin base) seats with lumbar adjustment?

Have a look at mychatype3 thread he has some Porsche seats up front and they look just the ticket, nice slim base and good support.

Porsche 944 have low runners, giving good head room. I've tried all sorts and always returned to stock seats

Ive put some mg tf seats in mine. just needed to give the brackets on the seats a couple of bangs with a hammer to make them fit

early 911 or 924/944 seats, I have 1982 911 seats in my '71 bay, low and comfy, plus have the tombstone style headrests so safer than traditional bay seats with no headrests, and you dont get that bum-ache on long journeys that you get from bay seats. I say get early ones because you avoid the electrics in the modern ones, extra weight/wiring/cheaper etcetc.

A split I once had those astra gte seats in when i got it, swapped them for 911 ones too, much nicer.

Simon.

I have mk1 , MR2 seats in my bus , quite comfy and a nice slim base, its also got adjustable lumbar support built into them . Fairly straight forward to fit in aswell . Might be a bit harder to source now as I had mine a good 8 years or so ago and were cheap as chips :)

Latest posts