• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Replacement mirrors?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simo

Reaction score
Who can recomend a supplier of quality replacement mirrors?
The cheapy chrome ones i got from a major supplier are absolute crap, wont tighten up and flop about in the wind :evil:

Ive gota get them sorted now - really p***ing me off now

Have you tried Deimos? Their parts and advice is usually spot on.

http://www.deimosaircooled.com/products/exterior/bay-window-bus/mirrors" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

simo said:
The cheapy chrome ones i got from a major supplier are absolute crap, wont tighten up and flop about in the wind :evil:

Sorry I can't help you, however, I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering with this one!

Adam Foster said:
simo said:

Sorry I can't help you, however, I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering with this one!

Put me out of my misery; I have just taken delivery of a pair from C&C...have I bought the crap ones that you refer to, by any chance? :oops:

i wouldent usually recomend gsf but ive just fitted a pair as a temp measure due to the glass poping out when i slammed the door.

cheap as chips look ok and tightend up fine.(probably wont last 40 years tho)

im sure you know this but :oops: the nut on the threaded part that goes in to the door moves up and down the threded part so you can tighten it up in the right place.sorry to state the obvious but just have a picture of someone swinging the mirror round to wher they want it without getting a spanner on it :shock:

Delilahtoo said:
Adam Foster said:
simo said:

Put me out of my misery; I have just taken delivery of a pair from C&C...have I bought the crap ones that you refer to, by any chance? :oops:

No not them Kev - c+c have a good rating in my book ;)
Let me know what you think of them/how they fit if you can ?

strongy said:
i wouldent usually recomend gsf but ive just fitted a pair as a temp measure due to the glass poping out when i slammed the door.

cheap as chips look ok and tightend up fine.(probably wont last 40 years tho)

im sure you know this but :oops: the nut on the threaded part that goes in to the door moves up and down the threded part so you can tighten it up in the right place.sorry to state the obvious but just have a picture of someone swinging the mirror round to wher they want it without getting a spanner on it :shock:

Lol - had to take the nut off one of mine just to get it to stay in place for a while :shock:
The thread is so loose one of them came out in my wingmans hand as she tried to adjust it whilst moving along :shock:

simo said:
Delilahtoo said:
simo said:

No not them Kev - c+c have a good rating in my book ;)
Let me know what you think of them/how they fit if you can ?

Phew, cheers. I'll let you know how I get on. I have a leaky screen to sort first.

Ok - been looking around :msn4: and ordered one of these http://www.megabug.co.uk//type-2-door-mirror-stainless-steel-right-724-p.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
to see what there like! Price seems ok and stainless body so will report back when it arrives :mrgreen:

Well - i ordered 1 to see how it is :msn4: its better than the previous offerings i had, fitted it and it has stayed there whilst traveling to Wales then on to Cornwall then home so happy with that. To be honest tho the thread could still be a bit longer as they only tighten up a couple of turns, but will keep looking for something better! But at least i can use them at the mo ( ones a ratty og faded one :mrgreen: )

just wanted to bring this thead back up.the gsf ones that were a temp measure after removal and refit dont tighten now. :lol: :oops:

so just sat down trying to order a pair of good mirrors.c&c sell some german quality ones.has anyone fitted them?

i need some really tight ones as my german quality door seals :roll: mean i need a 3/4 mile run up and slam to get the doors to shut right

Keep us posted if you find some good ones, my temp ones are still on :msn4:

Latest posts