Replacment seat covers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sid

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone recommend where to buy seat covers to replace my old ripped ones from my early bay.I was looking at getting the covers from Madmatz and the padding and spring protector from VW Heritage.

Has anyone had any experience of recovering their seats.

Scooby

We got ours from DB trim in Blackpool.

I think that there's at least one thread on here about this

Recovering was a challenge - we only found out afterwards the secret is to put them in a tumble drier so that they stretch a bit better.

Hello

I also used db trim

Gave him a bell and he sent some sample material

Once we had decided it was quite a Quick turnaround

Very pleased with the results

Norm :D

I have used both db and tmi covers and they are both really good. However its tmi everytime if you are going for a stock look.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I recently covered my seats with TMI covers. They look good, and fitting them wasn't too bad although you definitely need a warm day or maybe a tumble dryer to soften them up and make them stretch.

I used a plastic bag to make them slide over easier. After they are fitted you can tear away the plastic and you're done.
Another option is to compress the springs with 2 cargo straps.

We went with Madmatz and the service was very good. Sent me plenty of samples so I could colour match with the rest of the upholstery in the van. Called with progress and to arrange a convenient delivery.
When they came they fitted like a glove, got passenger and driver seats done for just under £200 in the end

65fe9246-acbe-4aa6-bbb3-16492074faec_zpsj6gvcpft.jpg

Resto-raider said:
I used a plastic bag to make them slide over easier. After they are fitted you can tear away the plastic and you're done.
Another option is to compress the springs with 2 cargo straps.

Thats some good tips,

A hair dryer to help heat them a little is another good one,

We can supply the TMI ones for you!

Latest posts