Repro Westy Pop Tops... who makes/fits them?!?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thru_a_lupe

Reaction score
I’m at that crossroad... where I’m tempted to chop in the bus for a T5 with all the bells and whistles... but...
I’m just thinking out loud... as I have a factory sunroof deluxe... fitting a Westy pop top should be relatively easy...
So my first question is who makes full repro DIY kits OR supplies a fitting service?!?
Thanks in advance... :mrgreen:

I dont think Ive ever seen an actual repro Westy front hinged kit. There have been aftermarket pop tops Ive seen but none that really suit an 'old' van.

It would be a drama, but I'd source a complete used roof and rack and rebuild with all new wood, seals and canvas - good as new then.

As per clem, to add to that you can bu some nice hinges from buttys bits, you would just the Ali trim for the canvas which I believe NLA sell and the rear struts which I’m sure you could source at ease.
Depending on where you based your welcome to view mine and takes some measurements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How about Space Roofs? https://www.spaceroofs.co.uk/type-2-baywindow.htm

Thanks for the reply’s people... sorry I’ve not seen them I don’t seem to get email notifications any more?!?

I’ve found a cap with all the parts just need to talk it thru with Lara...

Latest posts