Retro Fitting Rear Seat Belts on R/R Bed in a Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Procomp

Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone have an info or recommendations for fitting 3 point and/or lap belts in a Westy? I'm in the process of searching for a new bus and have small baby to strap in, as well as the wife and dog :D

Preference is to fit a 3 point for the child seat so I'm looking to see what others have done to overcome this.

Any help welcome!

Cheers
G

I'm picking up our westy bus on Saturday :D and need to do the same to secure a babys child seat. To answer I think there are seat belt mountings already there under the rear seat/bed thing :?: and you just need to buy an aftermarket seat belt and bolt it in. Hopefully someone will confirm that is the case

yes the bolt holes are there under your bed to take seatbelts, you can have one either side and one lap in the middle, the achor point for the 3 point belts are just above rear seat on bottom of window line

have a look here ive added 3 point seat belts to both sides. Also raised the shoulder point so the belts sits better over your shoulder.

[urlhttp://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11772&start=60][/url]

Guys
Thanks for comfirming you can do it! Love the link on the conversion done by Ubber Cool!

Cheers
G

uber , i sent some picks of my seat belt brkt (i made the long one out of 6mm ) to the director of STATUS at manchester Uni , the test all seat belts /brackets etc .... i thought i overengineered it but he didn`t think so , to test it they would put a ton on each achor point (same force as an accident ) in the forward direction ... to find out if its ok would cost 3 grand and a shell .......just food for thought ,

Latest posts