Retrosound stereo install

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke23

Reaction score
I''ve just bought a Retrosound stereo to fit to my 71 deluxe. How do they secure to the dash? Do they screw from the back into the dash or do the shafts 'clamp' the stereo between face plate and back of dash? :?

Has anyone on here installed one and be willing to talk me through how to secure to dash?

Thanks

I think it's what you describe as the latter, the shafts clamp the face plate from the front and the unit from behind. I can't remember exactly how I fitted mine but I remember it being a bit odd and putting pressure on the faceplate.

Thanks for the reply. Where do you secure the backnof the unit to? Is it secure once installed? Going to fit mine at the weekend.

There's a bit of flat metal strip with holes in that supports the back it's a bit like a piece of meccano. Mine is bolted to the hand brake support mount under the dash.
The front is held by the two knob spindles against a plate that fits in the aperture

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Can anyone provide photos of the install? I tried to install it today and got nowhere! The instructions are awful.

Latest posts