Reversing light bracket

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meowdmucker

Reaction score
I don't want to drill the bumper on my 71 bay but would like a bracket that fixes to the bumper irons that comes over the top of the bumper so the revering light can be bolted to it. There was a guy on the vzi forum who made these but I sent a p.m. a few weeks ago with no reply so possibly he no longer visits the forum. Does anybody know if these are available commercially anywhere else?

Hi mate,
I looked into this at the begining of the year. It sounds like we both want the same thing!! I didn't have much joy commercially but I have a mate who has an engineering business and I spoke to him regarding this.I just havn't pursued it to much as Doris is still under resto a.t.m. I made drawings and measurements as well. I'll take this as a kick up the bum then,and get going on it again!

I need a couple doing (reverse & fog) as well, so I'll see him at the weekend and see if I can get him to make a run of them. could also do them powder coated or triple chrome plated at extra cost.

here's some pics I knocked up on paintbrush (I'm no graphic designer :oops: ) I made them red to stand out & just to give an idea. I certainly intend the finished product to be finished neater. Let me know if you have any input/ideas/improvements on this bud!.................. Is this the sort of thing?..........

rearbumperlampmount2.jpg

rearbumperlampmount3.jpg

rearbumperlampmount.jpg

the simplest ideas are always the best.......
i`ve got a couple of spots to fit to the front of the bus but really don`t intend drilling me bumper , can these be made to do that job too?
if so count me in for a couple, as long as their not RED!!!! :lol:

ste

Doris said:
Hi mate,
I looked into this at the begining of the year. It sounds like we both want the same thing!! I didn't have much joy commercially but I have a mate who has an engineering business and I spoke to him regarding this.I just havn't pursued it to much as Doris is still under resto a.t.m. I made drawings and measurements as well. I'll take this as a kick up the bum then,and get going on it again!

I need a couple doing (reverse & fog) as well, so I'll see him at the weekend and see if I can get him to make a run of them. could also do them powder coated or triple chrome plated at extra cost.

here's some pics I knocked up on paintbrush (I'm no graphic designer :oops: ) I made them red to stand out & just to give an idea. I certainly intend the finished product to be finished neater. Let me know if you have any input/ideas/improvements on this bud!.................. Is this the sort of thing?..........

rearbumperlampmount2.jpg

rearbumperlampmount3.jpg

rearbumperlampmount.jpg

That's exactly the sort of thing i mean. I would gladly pay for Two as some day I may put a rear fog light on. Keep me informed and let me know how much. I have no probs. paying in advance if this would help?
Cheers Carl

ok chaps,I'll get a prototype made,post a pic and start a 'for sale' thread from there. bear with me though as with shift work,family etc as well as loads of other responsibilites I have I'm always mad busy!

These sound like a good idea.
Shame i`ve already drilled my bumper :roll:
I may be interested in one for a fog light.
Cheers Paul.

Hiya meow,

To each his own and if you want to put back-up lights on a bracket, more power to you.

But..............had you considered installing USA spec back up lights just above your taillights? Parts are available and wiring diagrams are easy to find. Just a thought from this side of the pond.

I already have a hella reversing lamp in great shiny chrome condition so just need the bracket but thanks for the info.

Hiya meow,

meowdmucker said:
I already have a hella reversing lamp in great shiny chrome condition so just need the bracket but thanks for the info.

Oh......OK............Well go at it then and do it up right!

Be sure to post a couple of pictures when you finish out the job. I, for one, would like to see what you wind up with! ;)

OK chaps, I knocked something up in the garage this afternoon. bear in mind, I do not have a full workshop and I'm no engineer!! But this will give you an idea and I can give it to my mate who will be able to do it a bit neater.I'd like the bends a bit sharper ideally.The Bracket will need to be fitted through the outer bumper securing bolts due to the clearance needed when opening the engine lid. The same sort of thing could be made for front spot lamps.
(before anyone asks, The bumpers & irons are wraped up as they are in storage after coming back from powder coating. When Doris comes home, they'll be fitted up - but thats another story!!)

what do you reckon?.............

fog-reverselampbracketDoris2.jpg

fog-reverselampbracketDoris.jpg

fog-reverselampbracketDoris1.jpg

I've made it so there is enough room between the bottom of the bracket and the top of the bumper in case anyone has a longer thread on their fog/reverse lamp.

and with the lamp fitted.........

fog-reverselampbracketDoris4.jpg

fog-reverselampbracketDoris5.jpg

fog-reverselampbracketDoris6.jpg

fog-reverselampbracketDoris3.jpg

This is the final product that I will ask the engineer to work with. as you can see, I've rounded the end off to match the contour of the lamp base/bolt. This one is painted silver but there will be an option for bare metal,silver painted as in pic, powder coating in any colour or chrome plated ..........

fog-reverselampbracketDoris9.jpg

fog-reverselampbracketDoris10.jpg

meowdmucker said:
Hi Doris,
Any news of getting these brackets made ?
Cheers

Yes mate, I've spoken to the engineer, he took my sample, has measured it and produced a correct 'engineered' diagram. he has ordered the metal for me,but he is mad mad busy at the moment so I'm in a queue of work. probably be in the next 4 weeks I should have something.I won't post up a FS thread until I can picture the ACTUAL pieces.

Cheers - Rob

Latest posts