Ride too harsh. Advice needed!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fully loaded i've had no problems the ride is lovely but to be honest it has caught twice but both times it was due to bloody masive pot holes and i think it would probley have done it with a standard set up. cheer phil

montypsx said:
fully loaded i've had no problems the ride is lovely but to be honest it has caught twice but both times it was due to bloody masive pot holes and i think it would probley have done it with a standard set up. cheer phil

Cheers Phil,
I forgot to ask, are you running a narrowed or standard width beam?

standard pal, i'm a novice on spanners so i like to keep everything as standard as posible. cheers phil

I was hoping you were gonna say standard Phil.
Thanks for posting mate. Much appreciated!!

Matt.

I think your tyres are a little too large. I have std beam, TH flipped spindles, Gas-a-just shocks and 195 60 R14's. Nice ride and occassional rubbage, but Not too bad.

It seems to me that as we flipped spindle monkeys don't have to chop off our bump stops, an idea could be to fit a bigger one/extended mount so we can have any tyre we like and cut out those knowing "why did you lower it so much" glances from the other half every time there's rubbage. I'm looking into it.

Good thread this! I have flipped spindles/ weedeater 2 beam on highest setting (almost!) and coil overs. Ride very bouncy! Been thinking about trying different shocks - maybe even stock ones as it seems that flipped spindles ride nice unless you have to fit coil overs if your leaves are shagged. The coil overs do the job but let face it they are hardly a quality item! Would be good to hear what other people are running....

Latest posts