Rock 'n' Roll

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave105

Reaction score
Does anyone out there have any comments as to which is the best RnR bed? I've been looking at the Bluebird one, anyone got one or fitted one? The foam they supply is 3" but elswhere seen 5" stuff. Does it really need to be this thick?
While I'm at it, are Propex heaters easy to fit- best place under the bed?
Thanks

Dave

Don't by the Just Kampers one, their rubbish. Mine broke after using it once.

I friend of mine had a Bluebird one and swears by it, good solid. Although the back reclines quite a lot when in the seated position.

Tintop said:
Don't by the Just Kampers one, their rubbish. Mine broke after using it once.

I friend of mine had a Bluebird one and swears by it, good solid. Although the back reclines quite a lot when in the seated position.

Thanks will go for the Bluebird one and just be nice n relaxed!

Dave

propex heaters are easy to fit but you would be best having it done buy a corgi reg engineer. Under the bench seat/rnr bed is the easiest place, it can also be plumbed into the engine bay and piped to the front.

I have just bought a bluebird full width RnR bed and the fit of it has been very easy to do. The full width ones literally use the seat belt bolt positions on the rear wheel arches and fitted perfectly. Given I had just had these replaced as they had rotted away, am very impressed with my mechanics attention to detail as when i realised this is where the bed was to be fitted, was filled with dread, but all good.

Very strong looking frame and the ease of 'tilt' is perfect. Assembled and fitted it in an hour, although my interior was out anyway.

Latest posts