Roof liner

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenna_uk22

Reaction score
hey guys and galls. the roof liner in my bus has well and truley had it and dont think it's a task i fancy taking on myself so gonna get it redone properly by someone who knows what they're doing! fancy something a bit diferent but not sure what, maybe wood, maybe coloured i dunno, need ideas...so what you lot got? (pics would be great)

also can any of you recommend anywhere in nuneaton/hinckely/tamworth/general midlands area to give me a lovely new liner for a lovely price?

ta

Jenna

Yep timber is the way to go done it on mine and it isnt that bad a job.If you want real ease then use clading.But my good wife came up with a better one.So mine is just the base for what comes next :wink:

Basicaly im gonna have a kinda diamond stitch,padded,plush velvet, deep button affair!!!
And that is even easier to do !Get yourself a cheap quilt (Ikea or market jobby)and the rest go's from there. When mines done i'll show you.
And hopefully it will look like the inside of a casket !!!!

Mind you mines going on the devil bus :wink:

have you got any pics of the wood? after a few quotes for regular liner (havnt found anyone that will fit wood) me and my dad have decided were going to have a go at fiting wood ourselves... maybe fall out but im sure we'l make up soon enough if we do :lol:

so has anyone got any tips with fitting wood as the roof lining? if you've fitted it yourself pics would be greatly appreciated. also what did you use? what thickness too?

ta

Jenna

Here mine cost about £25 and about 12 hrs of my time, i do like it tho :)

_K3C6969-1.jpg

fregre.jpg

rtgrt.jpg

regre.jpg

ant said:
Here mine cost about £25 and about 12 hrs of my time, i do like it tho :)

BARGAIN! looks much better than the normal liner too! the cheapest quote i've had for normal liner is £375... with more for this and more for that argh :evil:

just been looking at veneer, my fave was 30-40p per square foot. bargain :D

Here is my attempt, i used 6mm ply wood and varnished it.

Cost about £10.00. Hav'nt been brave enough to do the front of the cab yet.

DSCF3068.jpg

[/img]
DSCF3064.jpg

cool that looks really nice too. thanks for posting the pics.

i may wind up sounding pretty dumb here but how have you actually attatched it? i havnt pulled the lining off yet so dont know whats underneath to screw/nail/hard as nails the wood to... :roll:

jenna_uk22 said:
cool that looks really nice too. thanks for posting the pics.

i may wind up sounding pretty dumb here but how have you actually attatched it? i havnt pulled the lining off yet so dont know whats underneath to screw/nail/hard as nails the wood to... :roll:

The curved bit is screwed down with the curtain track, the bit under overhead locker is glued and tacked on with posh nails with flower heads on them.

try this one, its a westy thread but overall dimensions should help you also gives you someone to speak to....

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?t=5848&highlight=headlining

jenna_uk22 said:
ta. have you put any kind of insulation under it?

No i didnt as ive got a viking roof on top with ots of cushions up there, and i did not think about it at the time when i did the roof :oops:

HotVWheels said:
I like the idea of the wood roofliner, does anyone have the dimensions for a Bay please?

If it stops peeeing it down with rain tomorrow, ill have a measure for you!
was a bit anoyed when i did it, i had to fit the wood under the locker with the grain running the other way. :( just couldnt squeeze the 2 sizes into one piece of wood with the grain the same way.

Latest posts