Roof Rack Advice please!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CockneyPlayboy

Reaction score
Do any of you have any experience of the products below? I cant see that much difference between the Karmann Konnection 2 bow roof rack and the Creative Eng version apart from the price!...

Karmann version...

2_bow_westy_rack.jpg

....and the Creative Engineering one...

westfalia_racks.jpg

The Creative one comes in more expensive at £315 (polished finish) whereas the KK one is £269 (polished finish).

I'm interested in your input because i am contemplating changing mine (see below) for one of the above versions....

SplitRestoFront.jpg

I have the creative version and love it! would buy another one at a heart beat if it wasnt so pricey! really not sure on what the difference is, but would love to know as I am after another! 8)

Im just making a rack at the mo (yeah i know im tight) and will get some pics up when im done. I was thinking of painting it pastel white to match my roof, does anyone have any pics of a white rack? im sure ive seen some before.

I've just sprayed my rather old manky looking one Antique white to go with my roof, so I'll put a picture up when I get it on over the weekend.

chippi said:
Im just making a rack at the mo (yeah i know im tight) and will get some pics up when im done. I was thinking of painting it pastel white to match my roof, does anyone have any pics of a white rack? im sure ive seen some before.

The Devon roofrack that came with my bus was white - although it's mostly brown now!!

;)

decided to paint it silver today as easier to patch any rusty bits after. Putting oak slats on tommorow :D

Slats on job done, best thing about it was that it only cost me about £20 and a fair few man hours to make, frame is from an old sofa bed and the oak is from a pub bar that i've recently shortened! :D
0182.jpg
0162.jpg

CockneyPlayboy said:
The Creative one comes in more expensive at £315 (polished finish) whereas the KK one is £269 (polished finish).

CP i think you,ll find that Karmann Conn .. Ection dont advertise there prices including the Vat . So vat @ 17.5% . £ 269.00 plus 17.5% = £316.075

Not so cheap now Huh

Get the creative one dude its money in the bank :mrgreen:

Gadget

chippi said:
Slats on job done, best thing about it was that it only cost me about £20 and a fair few man hours to make, frame is from an old sofa bed and the oak is from a pub bar that i've recently shortened! :D
0182.jpg
0162.jpg

Thats a sweet "rack" you've got there :lol: :lol: :lol: (sorry I couldn't resist)

Imho it's better that you painted it silver, it wouldn't have looked as good in white.

that nice chippy.... 8)

where did you get the feet? or did you knock them up yourself?

Johnny said:
that nice chippy.... 8)

where did you get the feet? or did you knock them up yourself?
I knocked them up myself after taking some pics at weston super mud and then copying, seems to work ok.

Latest posts