Roof rack advice

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattie

Reaction score
Hi all
I only have a limited budget and would love to be able to get a s/s 3 bow one but £500 is just a little more than I was looking to spend :roll:

I required a little advice on the just kampers 3 bow powder coated roof rack is it any good I've been looking around for ages and nothing else is coming up + it's the style I like for this kind of money.
Thanks for looking Mattie.

Been looking there as well they just never seem to come up.
Probably looking to late :lol:

Hi Mattie,, The brother in law has one in my garage. It ain`t got the bolts and clamps with it and it don`t have the wooden slats either. It`s got the three bows and the little rail type effort that goes around the top and it`s brand new never fitted. My brother in law bought it off of someone who bought it new but never fitted it and brought it round my garage to fit it :roll: and that`s when he realised there were no wood slats or any fixings, if you`re interested I`ll ask him what he wants for it. I remember it was silver but can`t remember if it`s galvanised or stainless or alloy even. I`ll go and have a look if you want to know :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It all ends up in my garage :roll: :lol: :roll:

Might be worth a look post some pictures..
The wooden slats aren't a problem I work for Timbmets one of the biggest importers of hard wood in the UK 8) .

mattie said:
Might be worth a look post some pictures..
The wooden slats aren't a problem I work for Timbmets one of the biggest importers of hard wood in the UK 8) .

I can`t get to it to post pictures at the mo, it`s behind a couple of doors I just had painted, I`ll see what I can see tomorrow. I`m not kidding though, it is brand spankers and never fitted, almost as if it had been delivered and there was another box with the bolts and slats in that has been mislaid somewhere.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :mrgreen:

I just sold a JK 2 bow roofrack, can't fault it really, did the job I wanted & looked ok, served it's purpose is the word.
Only used it when needed & sold it only cause my daughter comes with us on holidays now. :D & she needs little bikes etc that go on the roofrack

Hi Mattie,, Really sorry, but that roof rack is only a two bar one. I`ll put some pics up in the for sale section this evening. Not sure what it`s made of ,, It`s a JK one and looks like ally but it`s too heavy, might be stainless.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, :mrgreen:

I ve got the JK 3 bow rack fitted on my van, been on it for about 6 years now and still in good condition, slats could do with restaining but that's all!! if I remember correctly it was good value as well.

Only saw this post today - Saw a 3 bow for sale at Dubfreeze yesterday - £200 painted finish. Couldn't tell you if it was Bay or Splitty though - very good/new condition. Also saw brand new Fuch wheels set of 4 £245! as they were selling wheels off in a clearance. Bit miffed really as saving to get a respray so could not buy somethings we would like :(

Hope you got sorted.

I picked up a really nice 3/4 length westfalia for £400 off eBay. Worth waiting for a bargain to come up.

Latest posts