Roof rack: Show us what you've got!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grazy said:
I got this full length one when i bought my van , it was made in Portugal , is very heavy galvanised steel

592d93b5-9d50-4800-949e-3036931f0c14_zpsu9mkmj6h.jpg

PanelVan+Full length rack= WIN!

Your PaneVal+Full length rack+those wheels+stance=SUPER WIN!

Haha Grazy...i've known your roof rack for ages. When it was still in Portugal 8)
In fact, i've been following the life of your van through your posts since you've bought it :D
I'm a fan!
My early bay is also from that lovely country ;)

Do you remember:
1518250.jpg

1518251.jpg

I started this thread because i'm also looking for one to put on mine:
1453880.jpg

It will help making up my mind :D
I have to say though that i have weak spot for commercial ones :roll:

Cheers Buddy!

Lovely looking van mate , think that would benefit from a shiny rack 8)

PanelVan+Full length rack= WIN!

Your PaneVal+Full length rack+those wheels+stance=SUPER WIN!

Thanks a lot mate appreciate the comments 8)

Wow! What a cool looking bus you have! Great rack too...where did you get it from?
The whole package looks great: side step, bumper trims, roof rack, wheels, stance, color...is it Savannah or Lotus white? Is your bus a type 24 or 22?

Nice one mate ;)!

Cheers mukka [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] rack came from Creative Engineering, my 40th birthday pressy [WRAPPED PRESENT]. Colour is Beryl green with pastel white roof & bumpers. She started life as a microbus but a mate was binning a Dormobile interior which I grabbed off him before it ended up at the tip. Deluxe waist & bumper trim are bits I've added over the years to make her look nice [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Hey Loxy,

This is getting interesting...i didn't know Dormobile made roof racks :!:
They're different from what i've seen...they don't seem to be aftermarket.
Is there any markings on the rack or the clamps?
They do look old and original and couldn't fit any better the roof of your camper ;)

Have you ever met another Dormobile owner with the same ones?

Thanks for the contribution ;)

I'll have a look at the original paperwork when I get home but sure there's something in there about roof racks from dormobile, not sure I've seen any exactly the same but have seen a few like the rear.
I'm guessing the front wasn't that popular as it isn't very big, it is definitely made to fit the gap between the dormy roof and screen though as the legs are staggered towards the rear to allow them to fit to the gutters.

bello35 said:
Hey Loxy,

They do look old and original and couldn't fit any better the roof of your camper ;)

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-T2-Camper-Van-Bay-Window-Roof-rack-Volkswagen-Campervan-Devon-Westy-/301699908164?nav=SEARCH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Found an identical rear one that sold on eBay a while back, just realised I had the same type on my old 78 Devon just painted white! But not found any other info on the front one yet (which is built exactly the same).

Here's my homemade version. I know longer have the bike rack on it. It was to hard to load and unload. I now have a bike rack that hooks to my roo bar.

It carried almost a complete interior and pop top from another bus. :D

Now I carry my kayak on it.

Loxy said:
bello35 said:
Hey Loxy,

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-T2-Camper-Van-Bay-Window-Roof-rack-Volkswagen-Campervan-Devon-Westy-/301699908164?nav=SEARCH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Found an identical rear one that sold on eBay a while back, just realised I had the same type on my old 78 Devon just painted white! But not found any other info on the front one yet (which is built exactly the same).

Hey Loxy,
Have a look at Harlequin's bus at the beginning of the thread. He has a rear rack identical to yours! Indeed, the front one i haven't seen another one but yours..
I like the clever little detail of positioning the "legs" backwards to clip on to the rain gutter ;)
Cheers!

justcruzin said:
Here's my homemade version. I know longer have the bike rack on it. It was to hard to load and unload. I now have a bike rack that hooks to my roo bar.

It carried almost a complete interior and pop top from another bus. :D

Now I carry my kayak on it.

Hi Kim,
Some bus owners have roof racks more for the looks than actually for carrying stuff, at best very occasionally...i'll be one of those :oops:
At least a admit it! :mrgreen:
You seem to belong to the other group :D. You certainly make the most of it...we can see you have lots of fun with your bus ;)

Greetings from France!

bello35 said:
Hi Kim,
Some bus owners have roof racks more for the looks than actually for carrying stuff, at best very occasionally...i'll be one of those :oops:
At least a admit it! :mrgreen:
You seem to belong to the other group :D. You certainly make the most of it...we can see you have lots of fun with your bus ;)

Greetings from France!

LOL, yah, I definitely use mine. :D And yah, I have a lot of fun with my bus. I definitely made it mine. :D

Latest posts