Roof Racks

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddffrost

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone got a creative 6 bow on their bus?

n745000125_2964717_4053183.jpg

n745000125_2964719_5988637copy.jpg

Just got one and its really cool but the wood has aged worse than milk on a radiator anyone recomend restoration technique products?

Cheers

Dave

Much better ;)

I restored an old westy 4 bow rack years ago and like yours the wood had gone. Get yourself down to a decent timber yard and they should be able to help out in new wooden slats and just drill the holes from the originals as templates.

They may have someting on hand or cut some down on the band saw.

Just think you can even get the wood home in one peice by sticking it on the rack.

HERES MINE DAVE,

kernowhighernlowervwcornwalljamb-3.jpg

MINE HAS MATURED A LITTLE TOO BUT I THINK IT LOOKS COOL,
IF I WAS TO BRING THE SLATS BACK TO LIFE I`D GIVE EM A LIGHT RUB DOWN AND A FEW COATS OF TEAK OIL WITH A RAG AND THEY`D LOOK GOOD AS NEW.....MY GARDEN FURNITURE CAN VOUCH FOR THIS!!!!

:lol: :lol: STE :mrgreen:

Gadget Boy said:
Dave you need to oil the slats with teak oil i think . this would put some life back into the wood . Its costs less than a tenner to do but takes Forever ............ :mrgreen:

I think thats the plan dude cheers i just cant bring my self to take the thing back off it takes ages!

ive got a creative rack and the slats fade....and look shite!
i take the rack apart every year and re-stain the them with teak oil.... but i use the type that is coloured to give it a more deep red/brown colour!

agreed...it takes a while but is worth it..... makes it look like a new rack!

Latest posts