RUSTY THE CAMPER GOES FOR RESTO

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gninnam said:
camperman3617865 said:
gninnam said:
£5.5K :D

Not including respray - another £3K

for what is being done , the parts/panels were more than that :lol: :lol:

Bet I was close then :oops:

no where near dude,

but it makes it difficult for you to guess if you don't know how much work we are doing to the van :lol: :lol:

But I don't know anybody who would spray a van inside and out in 2K for 3 grand dude, best if you stay off the mince pies :)

My prices were cost and didn't factor man hours etc....... :lol:

OK - will go for £12K then - if I'm well out, then I'll get my coat :D

Must have great sentimental value then.

gninnam said:
My prices were cost and didn't factor man hours etc....... :lol:

OK - will go for £12K then - if I'm well out, then I'll get my coat :D

Must have great sentimental value then.

I'm expecting approx 3k more than that. :|

Managed to get the front section attached to the front roll over frame today so that it was high enough for me to work on, also started to remove more of the bits I don't need

P1010978.jpg

P1010977.jpg

P1010979.jpg

Made a rear frame to attach to the chassis section this afternoon to enable me to rotate the whole thing, I can now put it at any angle, and saves me bending down over it on the floor

P1010991.jpg

P1010992.jpg

Makes it so easy to work on, :D :D
I don't know why I haven't bought one of these roll over frames before

P1010994.jpg

P1010996.jpg

P1010995.jpg

Have been removing the late bay gear-shift housing and handbrake fittings from the underside { as they are different} so that I can fit the early bay ones off the old chassis section

P1010993.jpg

camperman3617865 said:
Made a rear frame to attach to the chassis section this afternoon to enable me to rotate the whole thing, I can now put it at any angle, and saves me bending down over it on the floor

Indeed this kit is genius!

I went up to see the old girl before Christmas and she's a lot, lot lighter and less flakey. Russell and Mike are top guys having fun cutting the old girl up and replacing her with some good solid metal.

Cant wait to see the underneath when they turn her over... Watch this space!

Keep the excellent work up!

Cheers James

rustythevan said:
camperman3617865 said:

Indeed this kit is genius!

I went up to see the old girl before Christmas and she's a lot, lot lighter and less flakey. Russell and Mike are top guys having fun cutting the old girl up and replacing her with some good solid metal.

Cant wait to see the underneath when they turn her over... Watch this space!

Keep the excellent work up!

Cheers James

Mike and I have already seen it and Its not pretty

I am so glad that I have one of these in the workshop, keeps it as warm as toast in the winter :D :D

P1010001-1.jpg

P1010002-1.jpg

I have finally managed to get all the early bay pedals and fittings fitted into the new chassis section

P1010009.jpg

P1010006-1.jpg

P1010008.jpg

Been busy today... test fitting first

getting it into place on my own was a nightmare, as its a bit heavy on your own.

P1010009a.jpg

Getting there slowly

P1010010a.jpg

I decided to keep the bottom hinges, and the bottom part of the A-posts on the replacement chassis section because they were far better condition than the original ones, just had to make sure I cut them in the right place so the marry up nicely. so when i was happy with the measurements, I welded them together with the doors on as to make sure the door gaps were also ok

P1010011.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010015.jpg

Latest posts