Saving a '68 from the junkyard....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk

Reaction score
I just cant help but keep finding early bays. I swear. Its like they know I can't resist pulling them out of junkyards and putting them back on the road. Let me introduce you to my newest find. Sorry about the crappy cell pics. I'll take more as the extraction begins. Its a VERY early '68.

Thoughts?

IMG_0653-vi.jpg

IMG_0654-vi.jpg

IMG_0655-vi.jpg

IMG_0656-vi.jpg

IMG_0671-vi.jpg

IMG_0673-vi.jpg

IMG_0660-vi.jpg

For you MCODE junkies. The numbers shaded are 26 2.

So who has some 68 doors in Savannah Beige? C'mon!

Looks like a very nice van to start working on.
Why can't they be like that in the UK (I think we know why) ;)

I know how you feel, Kirk :lol:

I decided I wanted one and then I ended up with two and I keep finding more. The same thing has been happening since we got a W108 Mercedes. It takes a lot of discipline (and the lack of space) to walk away from them.

This one looks really straight other than the rocker and under thew windshield. How do the battery tray and floors look?

Whatcha gonna do with it?

The battery tray and the floors look good, even though it doesnt have doors, I think the garbage has protected it. There is pinholes but not major crap rot. The battery trays are close to solid. I may put the suspension under my '69 under it. Believe it or not, that body has less rust than my '69.

Then again, I may just build it too. Who knows.

Great pictures, looks a real good find. Im looking forward to the seeing how you get on with this one

870553.jpg

Went back, and there she was, waiting. Had to clean her out first. Need a generator core?
870550.jpg

Well, its chock full of parts...
IMG_3750-vi.jpg

Hooking up to it...
IMG_3754-vi.jpg

Moving!
IMG_3756-vi.jpg

The empty grave...
IMG_3759-vi.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSogK6yxiNk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSogK6yxiNk[/youtube]

Crappy little video of it moving for the first time since 1986, even if its tractor powered, and not under its own power.

Yet.

IMG_3762-vi.jpg

Four flats, no doors, busted glass. What have I gotten myself into?!?

IMG_3764-vi.jpg

IMG_3765-vi.jpg

IMG_3766-vi.jpg

Anywhoo... time will tell what happens with this one. Its pretty straight and rust free tho. Gotta find some doors first.....

870626.jpg

870628.jpg

Latest posts