SCAT Shifter issues

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busboy1971

Reaction score
Hello again
Got a new SCAT shifter for me bus as a present, all excited removed the old one, popped in the new one and found that the ball on the end shifter isnt quite long enough and will not fit in to the coupling.
Are there different lengths between model years? i suppose it could of been packaged up wrong the part no. number on the invoice is the same as one meant for my van.
is this any known issues with these?

Cheers

Did you get spacers with the shifter? I know my SCAT Trigger shifter came with spacers. I had to use the shorter of the two for my setup to work in the '71.

muntz70 said:
Did you get spacers with the shifter? I know my SCAT Trigger shifter came with spacers. I had to use the shorter of the two for my setup to work in the '71.

man I'm an idiot sometimes... I have an EMPI trigger shifter... sorry. Chaulk it up to a brain-fart...

The rod/cup can drop if the plastic bushings are worn out. Check these first. There should
be one like a shuttlecock as the shaft goes into a tube in the chassis. Also a small plastic guide in front of the cup piece. Good luck.

Al

Latest posts