Scat shifter

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddog

Reaction score
Hi guys/girls,

Been a long time since i fitted a scat shifter and im having probs with a mates bus.

Yes i know about getting the bushes/coupling replaced etc......my question is do you refit the original shifter plate or just bolt the new shifter straight in as i cant remember? Anyone have a pics as ive tried with and without shifter....both times giving me probs either not selecting reverse or selecting reverse without using the lever. Shifter was fine when in my bus?

Cheers
Chris.

maddog said:
Hi guys/girls,

Been a long time since i fitted a scat shifter and im having probs with a mates bus.

Yes i know about getting the bushes/coupling replaced etc......my question is do you refit the original shifter plate or just bolt the new shifter straight in as i cant remember? Anyone have a pics as ive tried with and without shifter....both times giving me probs either not selecting reverse or selecting reverse without using the lever. Shifter was fine when in my bus?

Cheers
Chris.

I would think you use the plate and fit the shifter in 2nd gear.

Could be the reverse lock out in his box is knacered.

Good Luck Dude!

Latest posts