SE Lond / NW Kent cruise to Whitstable...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike F

Reaction score
A couple of years ago we had a good run down to Southend.

How about a pre Christmas run down to somewhere a bit more cultured like Whitstable? Then on to the cliff top road at Tankerton maybe?

How about Sunday Dec 20th?

I'd like to try and be there but Sunday's generally tend to be busy, especially that close to Christmas. :(

Baldrick said:
I'd like to try and be there but Sunday's generally tend to be busy, especially that close to Christmas. :(

If a Saturday is better for you we could go then. My missus would be happy as the shops are great and would be open.

Terry - am sure we can find some good chips!

Hi Mike

Generally Saturdays tend to be easier, but I've got the OK for the Sunday. So I'm fully intending being there. If Sunday fits better with others then stick with the original plan.

It will be just be good to meet with everyone else.

Andy

Good to have to on board! Maybe you can be the local scout and locate the best chippy we can sit in? Also - are the high street shops likely to be open as it is so close to Christmas?

Sounds Like a nice little Jaunt from sunny Maidstone. Might see if Mrs Downsouth fancies a run out in the chilly gene genie. What day is it then Saturday or Sunday?

It's the Sunday - got to be as I'm watching my team play at Sheffield Wednesday on the Saturday. Join me at Swanley if you like - Terry will probably pick up with us there.

The best chip shop around is Ernie's Plaice in Herne Bay....it's about 1 mile from Tankerton.
It's right on the sea front and we could park the vans under the clock tower.
i think i could get the owner to reserve some tables if we could confirm numbers.

http://www.ivebeenthere.co.uk/places/united-kingdom/herne-bay/tips/fish%20and%20chips" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As far as shops goes, things might be a little quite. Whitstable shops still close on a Wednesday :oops: :oops:

Plenty to see and do around the harbour, parks for kids, pubs for adults etc etc

As the date is getting closer...

Will you London guys be heading down the M2? If so shall we meet at the Farthing Corner services and head down from there?

I'm going to struggle to get there on the 20th now :cry: :oops: :cry: :oops: looks like i'm going to have to work :oops:

Has it been confirmed as Sunday 20th yet??

Baldrick said:
As the date is getting closer...

Will you London guys be heading down the M2? If so shall we meet at the Farthing Corner services and head down from there?

Looks like that is the best bet.

Sorry marcher looks like it is the 20th. We'll do another sometime - have seen an excellent carpark at Joss Bay near Broadstairs that is crying out for a meet one day.

Terry (Harlequin) has suggested we'd be better off going to Herne Bay as there is a Christmas Market and the shops'll be open. Plus he promises details of a top chippy.

There is a car park to the west where we could first meet for a cuppa...

Hampton Pier Avenue, Herne Bay CT6 8
http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&where1=Hampton Pier Avenue, Herne Bay CT6 8&encType=1

(Click for the birds eye view and scroll up a short way)

We can set times nearer the day.

There is a car park to the west where we could first meet for a cuppa...

Hampton Pier Avenue, Herne Bay CT6 8
http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&where1=Hampton%20Pier%20Avenue%2C%20Herne%20Bay%20CT6%208&encType=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just to let you lot know that the car park has a low height barrier.

Just head towards the sea(up the road) there will be loads of free spaces. Good veiws and i wicked swing park if any kids are going.

Enjoy my home town chaps :cry: :cry: :cry: sorry i cant get there.

P1000632.jpg

marcher said:
Just to let you lot know that the car park has a low height barrier.

How low dude? Even before my van was lowered I could just sneak into most car parks.

Nice van by the way, maybe we can do a summer event sometime if you know of a good location. Joss Bay?

Mike
It not that low really m8. I think you might have a worrie if it's a stock height bus?????

It's "clyde" bus 8) 8) 8)
They were up in the summer. Just showing you the site of Herne Bay sea front

Latest posts