Seat issues …. can you help ??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowBay69

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
1969 Bay Window
Hi all - hope you’re all having a great long weekend.
Got time to pull out my seats to fit this weekend. Bought them years ago for an absolute steal !! Not sure what they came out of but was assured was vw.
Now trying to fit including dormobile cooker and suddenly realised they not what they seem.
See pics
29503F83-FA24-4A76-91A7-859CC656E175.jpeg

90A74DD2-F1D6-4C1D-94DE-7FAA66E1DDDC.jpeg
4F2D9D2E-2143-42FB-B35F-268CE39B163C.jpeg
Looks like with a bit of fettling they will go in.
Mainly this latch on back needs removing
49A4260B-BF98-4B5E-84C5-D9D7BE425B23.jpeg
Anyone any ideas on what will need to get to fit??
I have the clips for passenger and rails for driver 🌈👍
Any help or input greatly appreciated 🌈🌈👍👍

Guess it must be out of a non dormobile as the rear pan doesn’t fit in. Noticed as well that the hinge isn’t there for it to lift forward when using cooker.
Thing I might have to do some welding work 🥴
39165022-8B8F-4A31-AE06-3526AE835896.jpeg
AC30DCF4-563C-4E7A-8C16-93DA4944CA8D.jpeg

That does look like a stock passenger seat. That latch piece looks stock too. When you fit the stock seat, it sits in a pair of bracket to the rear of the seat in one of two positions then with an almighty press, you push the back of the seat down and that latch fits under a keep fitted to the bulkhead and as you release the pressure the latch slides behind the keep. There are no fixings toward the front of the seat. On the Dormy, the rear brackets I believe only locate the rear of the base and the front is hinged as per your piccy. I don’t think it’ll take too much work to hinge the seat-in the middle, as per the Dormy style, I reckon they just converted stock seats.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, it always looks like a tiny little job, never is though :);)

Thinking the same Ozziedog - just need some reassurance before I take Wizzer and welder to a perfectly good set of seats.
Many thanks for the input all - gotta luv the forum 🙏🌈👍

Found a link on this forum regarding the exact same issue. Has description and photos of chap who had to convert standard seat to fit dormobile cooker.
Early Bay Forum to the rescue … again!!!!
✅✅⭐⭐🌈🌈👍👍

Latest posts