should i fight my parking ticket

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil

Reaction score
hi people

this sunday i visited my local comedy club and was to lazy to walk and parked my bus illegally with a few over vehicles.
I do deserve my fine i know but how ever with a number of mistakes on my suffolk constabulary fixed penalty notice i could save my self £30 pounds which i can spend on my van.

I was parked in the Traverse bury st edmunds. this has been spelt travferse

there is also a print from another ticket from earlier that day so i have two times when the offence was committed. on at 19:30 and under that time is say 15:42

i also have another vehicle reg number clashing with my own and has made it unreadable

My bus is beige in the ticket it has been noted as grey

offence code is T008 no waiting but above that is says NO 1370 81 is this a code for another offence..

I know i was in the wrong for parking in a stupid place and should pay my much deserved fine. but would it be worth trying to save my self £30 and the feeling of being really smug as i wormed out of a offence i am clearly guilty for.

please if n e one has experience in this department or have n e ideas i would like to know... or u can just tell me to shut up and pay it...

thanks

neil

Mate, you took a chance and got sprung.
Trying to weasel out of it now is not worth the effort. Just pay the fine and next time drive a bit further and find a legal parking spot.
You will enjoy the event better not having that little worry niggling away at you.

Try and get out of. Lodge an appeal or ignore it & claim it wasn't your van. Unless they took a digi pic, which they often do, if they can't read the reg number either than they will struggle. Their copy will be written in pen, so they should be able to read theirs.

Ignoring it is the biggest risk & may well cost you more in the long run. I got a ticket while working next to my van in London. A bunch of jobsworths on commission. I have had just about a gutfull of this country & they way the laws protect the criminals & fuck the motorist. It's all take.

Try it.

You parked where you shouldnt have done and got the fine, its fair dos, but neither is it crime of the century.
Id write a letter pointing out the errors, like has been said, the worst case is that you'll get another month to pay it. Try it and see?

I drove past your van on Sunday and saw the wardens up the road strangely enough, would have called you if I new the number but then again, someones phone going off in a comedy club :shock: cue the spotlight :D
To be honest there is a lot of places to park in Bury where the wardens will leave you alone, outside our shop for instance :wink:
Write to them stating the errors which have confused the issue and you may well get away with it, if not pay the £30 quid and think of all the times youve got away with it.

There is one way you can get away with fines in the future though, buy a very expensive car and put a Manchester united sticker in the window, park on a double yellow and you will probably find it washed when you get back. :mrgreen:

i got out of one the other week, they had re-tarmac'd the road and hadn't painted back in the double yellows, so me trying my luck as there were no other spaces i put the bus there.

Now this is Bath where they are pie hot on this so sure enough when i came back i had a ticket. I took photos of it and put it in an email to them and they let me off.

Worth a punt me thinks what you got you to lose? send em an email :mrgreen:

You took the risk and got caught, fair enough, BUT if the ticket is incorrect (spelling and other details on ticket) then i would fight it.

thanks for all ur opinions i think i will let them know of there mistakes to see if they let me off but if its going to be to much of a problem i will pay my much deserved fine. I see parking illegally as a gamble and this time i lost but I'm still up.

Latest posts