Show me yer vinyl

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeeZee

Reaction score
I'm going through a bit a conundrum at the moment and I'm sure I must be driving Paul at Abletrim and Sarah at vwcamper curtains mad. I had originally decided to go with uphulstory in spectrum biege and moon grey. However after showing it to a few people the comment I regularly got was "oh that light". I know I shouldn't be swade by other people but it got me thinking that they are right, its not the most practical and not as retro looking as I first had in mind. Here's an example or the biege by Able Trim.

c47b160f-d752-45cc-8be2-2e0cc28feb55.JPG

c47b160f-d752-45cc-8be2-2e0cc28feb55.JPG

http://www.abletrim.co.uk/engine/shop/page/Customer+Gallery/1970+Westfalia

I'm thinking about these colours to get something with more of a 70s look.

Fudge as a base colour
c3e17c7f-b1b8-4416-a473-624cc5fc4024.jpg

and something like Wallnut for the inserts
e8146854-9851-4295-ac51-5c20aa7e6ed8.jpg

Anyway show us your colour combinations to insire me or make me see sense :lol:

It's a tough one for sure... took me ages to decide... here's what I went for.. Cocao and beige... Now I have the seats I love it! In fact, I'm now doing a load of work to the inside of my bus to bring it up to the same quality as the seats!

a6367c0b.jpg

1ee8f7ce.jpg

Very nice shorty! I like the cocao or is it cocoa? Anyway its very smart and makes me think it would work with thte fudge.

oh decisions, decisions!

:oops: Spelling! It's whatever the fancy name is for chocolate brown! Check out this thread for a sorted fudge interior...

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28327" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shorty said:
:oops: Spelling! It's whatever the fancy name is for chocolate brown! Check out this thread for a sorted fudge interior...

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28327" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let you off :p

This is lovely, a bit of a burnt orange. One thing this does is make me think again about having two colours. When I first thought about how the achieve a retro look I thought one colour, I should learn to go more with my gut.

I really love this bus though. I have to admit I copied his carpets :)

c792ec68.jpg

Cream vinyl with green piping on reupholstered T25 seats. Well, somebody has to have em, and they have come up a treat.

IMG_1754.jpg

A bugger to keep clean though.

DSCN1730.jpg

I'm always told it looks tasteful. :D & it certainly doesn't look like a Late Bays interior,
it's wearing very well considering it was done over 4 years ago. :mrgreen:

The front panel is black fluted basket weave with caramel stitching which matches the vinyl not sure of the exact colour but it's a very good match of the door cards. the rear bench is the same as is my folding buddy.

Well guys, I've went for a burnt orange. Very excited to see it when it arrives next week. 8)

ac1bedbe.jpg

It's your bus matey do what you like :mrgreen: I did have light for my seats initially, I found them a nightmare to keep clean :D

Bang tidy mate!

I just wanted to see some examples is all. It always helps with the decision, which is now made. :D

Anyone know where to get the carpets from?

LeeZee said:
Shorty said:

Let you off :p

This is lovely, a bit of a burnt orange. One thing this does is make me think again about having two colours. When I first thought about how the achieve a retro look I thought one colour, I should learn to go more with my gut.

I really love this bus though. I have to admit I copied his carpets :)

c792ec68.jpg

Latest posts