• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted side jail bars

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben72Bay

Supporting Member
Reaction score
afternoon all,

Does anyone have a pair of side jail bars for sale please?

Really I'm after the end caps cheaply so I can have a play and see if I can make them work with the rear 3 point seat belts brackets that are in place - I think they might clash so I'm going to see if I can figure out a way of making it work!

Photo for ref
292206860_1789232118129829_3138036068313495387_n.jpg
thanks
Ben

Sorry Ben, I don't have any end caps for you but I'm interested to see what solution you might come up with if you do get that far... as I too have the exact same dilemma currently and have been pondering a potential solution too?

I already had side jail bars fitted but had to remove one on each side so I could fit the seat belt brackets.
Looks a bit odd now so was planning to work something up at some point... just not had time.
Thanks
Dan

Sorry Ben, I don't have any end caps for you but I'm interested to see what solution you might come up with if you do get that far... as I too have the exact same dilemma currently and have been pondering a potential solution too?

I already had side jail bars fitted but had to remove one on each side so I could fit the seat belt brackets.
Looks a bit odd now so was planning to work something up at some point... just not had time.
Thanks
Dan
Hi Dan,
I’m thinking about changing the angle a bit.
Having a pair starting slightly further back and slightly steeper.

That sounds like it could work.

My problem is because the bars were already fitted I already have all the screw holes drilled in the quarter panel... and so I'm reluctant to move the end caps and drill more holes, leaving the others visible.
My initial thoughts were of cutting the top bar and making it appear as though it passes through the seatbelt bracket... Exactly how I'd secure it though is a brain-wave I'm yet to have!
🤔

That sounds like it could work.

My problem is because the bars were already fitted I already have all the screw holes drilled in the quarter panel... and so I'm reluctant to move the end caps and drill more holes, leaving the others visible.
My initial thoughts were of cutting the top bar and making it appear as though it passes through the seatbelt bracket... Exactly how I'd secure it though is a brain-wave I'm yet to have!
🤔
If you did that, you may be able to fit to the under / other side of the bracket sort of between the bracket and the glass but you’d have to swap the left end to the right side and visa versa, I’m sure you could make it look very nice by using a stainless fixing, possibly like the ones used to hold kitchen units to each other so there is no protruding bolt end on either side.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, have a look on bolt stockists :)

Latest posts