simple lowering

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimthebin

Reaction score
hello all

my 70 is riding quite high at the front and i really want to lower it and i was wondering what is the simplest and cheapest way of doing this

also i don't what to hit it with the slamming stick but at the same time letting down the tyres will definately not be enough

thanks in advance

jimthebin

easy way to lower is dropped spindles 2.5" drop and no messing with steering geometry or welding in adjusters. try http://www.wagenswest.com. Nate is very helpful, theres a 30 day turnaround and coasts around $300.

Type Two Detectives did mine. They offer a same day service for mild lowering. Very good service and not expensive.

On that ebay ad he says, "MY METHOD FOR LOWERING IS MOT FRIENDLY"

So, what method is NOT M.O.T friendly then? Any ideas?

That's Justyn on VZi. I have read lot's of positive comments about him and had a good chat about his V8 powered stretched bay!

When i ever get some spare money i will be getting him to lower my bus.

Justyn lowered my 68 Devon last sept he done a great job and only charged £235 as I only wanted the front done, dropped off at 8:30 and was driving home by 2:00 gave the van a good check over too, nice honest bloke.

Justyn did mine also, great guy and great job.

Justin & Mutley said:
Clem said:
Justyn did mine also, great guy and great job.

I've heard loads of great reports - how does he do it?

;)

Welds in adjusters to the top and bottom of the front beam, then 1 spline drop to the rear. Had mine done a few months back and couldn't recommend him enough.

joe.skids said:
Welds in adjusters to the top and bottom of the front beam, then 1 spline drop to the rear. Had mine done a few months back and couldn't recommend him enough.

He'll do adjusters, but the standard way he does it is to drill out spot welds on the central fulcrum on the front beam, turn it all and then re weld them. I understand this is also used as the basic method by T2D and The Bus Station.

VeeDubMan3 said:

Im assuming he is referring to the fact that cut & turn or adjusters involve an amount of welding on the front axle that some MOT centres may not like - as opposed to an extra hole for a grub scrrew?

Loxy said:
VeeDubMan3 said:

Im assuming he is referring to the fact that cut & turn or adjusters involve an amount of welding on the front axle that some MOT centres may not like - as opposed to an extra hole for a grub scrrew?

Yes, basically. But the MOT 'no welds on a beam' rule is, of course, a myth ;)

VeeDubMan3 said:

Here's one for ya.....

Removal of several torsion leaves in the beam!!!

Well it would be lowered wouldn't it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts