Single Cab - Original Seat Belt Mounts

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve B

Reaction score
Hi All,

So I'm fitting belts to my Single Cab, but have a few queries. It's a single driver's seat and a bench for two - so i've 3-point belts for the outers, and a lap belt for the middle.

The front wheel arches are tubbed, so I'm having the proper plates/captive nut welded in here, so that's straight forward. The upper mounts in the B-Pillar are there, so again, straight forward.

It's a LHD Swedish import, and the problem is, where are the lower mounting points for the passenger and middle seat? The chassis rail on the driver's side, has two threaded points - one for the driver's buckle, and one for middle belt/buckle. But where does the outer passenger buckle and middle passenger buckle/belt go? Pretty much in the middle of the bench seat, but I cannot see any points.

Any help or photos would be appreciated - are they hidden in the spare wheel well? I have a custom amp and Sub built into the well, so not easy to check without stripping down.

Thanks for any replies.

Steve.

Simple answer is it shouldn't have a middle lap belt. The passenger belt was designed to go around both passenger. At least it is in mine.

If you wanted to mount a point for a lap belt you could always put a similar bolt in the side of the passenger tub and reinforce it from behind with a thick, small steel plate. Hope that helps.

aspro said:
Simple answer is it shouldn't have a middle lap belt. The passenger belt was designed to go around both passenger. At least it is in mine.

If you wanted to mount a point for a lap belt you could always put a similar bolt in the side of the passenger tub and reinforce it from behind with a thick, small steel plate. Hope that helps.

Ah, interesting. Strange way though isn't it - if no middle passenger, the belt will have some right slack in it, as it's some way to travel. Any photos of your set up at all mate?

As you say, if this is the case, then a couple of secondary mounts on the other side of the tub might do it.

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers.

Karmann70 said:
aspro said:
The passenger belt was designed to go around both passenger. At least it is in mine.

Same with mine .

Two Secondary mounts required then! Wonder if the seat belts for the single cab passenger side are longer then - would be a stretch for a standard with 2 large blokes on it!

Thanks.

My belts are adjustable. Works fine for the kids. Doubt you'll ever be travelling with 2 large adult passengers. Not sure if the pasenger one is longer.

aspro said:
My belts are adjustable. Works fine for the kids. Doubt you'll ever be travelling with 2 large adult passengers. Not sure if the pasenger one is longer.

Sound. Had to buy new ones - mine must have been removed at some point, as I think they all came with them as standard anyway, especially in Sweden!

I'll get 2 extra mounts fixed in then.

Thanks for all replies - if you happen to have any images of them, would appreciate to see a few, although it's not something you really photo is it!

Cheers.

Original interior and belts in mine.

DSC02304_zpsvvhf5fzn.jpg

aspro said:
Original interior and belts in mine.

DSC02304_zpsvvhf5fzn.jpg

Looks well that pal. Pretty much same interior as mine. Did you have the fronts tubbed - can't remember? Just want to see how front passenger seat is latched on the back rest if so - mine isn't as latch and catch no longer line up.

Cheers.

No tubs in mine Steve. Our passenger seats sounds the same with a tab on either side to secure the top back. Not too sure how to get around that one with the tubs. You might need to cut them off and weld them lower down the seat if that is possible.

aspro said:
No tubs in mine Steve. Our passenger seats sounds the same with a tab on either side to secure the top back. Not too sure how to get around that one with the tubs. You might need to cut them off and weld them lower down the seat if that is possible.

I'll have to have a look properly - I seem to think when I last looked, there wasn't anything in particular that was solid to weld back onto lower down the seat - but I'll have a proper look.

If not, may have to come up with another plan for it. Needs to be done as at the mo, it's only really secured at one side. I've the seat belt mounts, the bench clip and also the O/S jacking point to get welded at the same time, and then he's going to look at the rear dropgate too..... should be fun, but at least that can be removed from the truck and left with him - think it'll be an ongoing job for him for a few weeks.

Cheers.

Just an update on this. I got the two outer plates welded in on the tubs, and also got an additional pair on the inner side of the tub, which now gives me 2 outer 3-point belts, and a middle lap belt.

Dimensions wise, it works really well. Can't see why it wasn't standard.

I also had two long tabs welded onto the seat back, so they now latch on properly. Probably around 50mm in length.

Overall, I'm really happy with it - I'll upload some images this week, but mainly, thanks for the previous input, which really assisted.

Steve.

Latest posts