• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

***Slammed 68' microbus deluxe with westy interior***

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clem said:
Rustyveedub said:
Out of curiosity can you explain what "no bulkhead behind the fuel tank" is? obviously the other years have one. Is it good or bad not to have one?

Cheers Ben.

To answer for Ballbag ... its a 1968 only feature that there is no bulkhead fitted from factory. Whether its better or worse is debatable, VW obviously decided they wanted from from 1969 onwards! :) Anyway,its just a standard feature that was present in 1968 bay window vans alone. :)

Its for the better when it comes to replacing the filler neck hose.

Clem said:
Rustyveedub said:
Out of curiosity can you explain what "no bulkhead behind the fuel tank" is? obviously the other years have one. Is it good or bad not to have one?

Cheers Ben.

To answer for Ballbag ... its a 1968 only feature that there is no bulkhead fitted from factory. Whether its better or worse is debatable, VW obviously decided they wanted from from 1969 onwards! :) Anyway,its just a standard feature that was present in 1968 bay window vans alone. :)
Are there any pics or threads, so i know what we are talking about?

This is MY engine, look behind the motor and you can see the fuel tank and straps ... as there is no bulkhead panel -

IMG_0108.jpg

Anyway, hijack over! :mrgreen:

expectkaos said:
is it original paint, the back and front look a different shade in the pics, thanks

It's had paint in the past, it looks like it's had some red and some blue over the years as there's overspray on some of the rubbers.

It's all Lotus white now though, it's exactly as it was when I got it, I have had no paintwork done to it at all.

The rear deck lid and valance are a different color, these must've come off another van.

Rustyveedub said:

Cheers Ben.

No panel behind the fuel tank dude.

DSC00514.jpg

Now on eGay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320600683369&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_674wt_1139" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why is it when your selling a car, people think they have the automatic right to mess you about? :evil: :evil:

Sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts