• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

***Slammed 68' microbus deluxe with westy interior***

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ballbag

Reaction score
The time has come to sell my 68' bay :( .

It was built on 25/11/67 as a 68' model with all the one year only features such as push button door handles, inside door pulls for the locks, no gear stick arrangement on the ash tray, no bulkhead behind the fuel tank, long rear view mirror, no abbrieviations on the clocks for oil, generator, lights etc.

It has all the deluxe trim although some is damaged. It has the deluxe clock that runs a little slow, this can be adjusted apparently.

The bus is apparently from Honolulu originally, then spent most of it's life in Florida. I have some history with it, even the original owners insurance card.

Anyway, here's the low down;

MOT till April.
Taxed till April (obviously tax exempt).
Inertia seat belts.
Rear inertia seat belt and lap belt for baby seat (removeable).
Working reverse lights.
FLAT 4 Sprintstars.
4" narrowed beam.
T2D reversed ball joint dropped spindles, rides as smooth as unlowered.
T2D slam shocks.
40mm tubs to the front, utilizing original seats and runners.
CSP Wide five front discs from Machine 7.
New bearings, cylinders, hoses and shoes on the rear.
2 spline rear drop.
Notched rear chassis.
Westy interior, professionally retrimmed in red, as close to the original colour (India red) we could find.
Very reliable 1600 TP motor which has just done an 800 mile round trip to Cornwall.
New alternator conversion, again from Machine 7.
Marine ply floor with black and whit checked tiles.
Westy table.
Kenwood CD head unit with iPod connection.
Pair Vibe 6x9 speakers with a 400W amp.

The bus has a bit of patina with a few knocks and scrapes etc which I like and intended to keep.

Anyway, look for yourselves.

The price is £10k.

I'm open to offers, not insults so try me, you might be surprised. :)

Feel free to call 07979 345 300

DSCF2133.jpg

DSCF2131.jpg

DSCF2129.jpg

DSCF2119.jpg

DSCF2120.jpg

DSCF2121.jpg

DSCF2122.jpg

DSCF2123.jpg

:? Why dude ,

just spent time and money putting tubs in , now selling it :shock:

3 tyre kickers and dreamers have been to view my van now and not one of them had any money, bloody time wasters.

Come and make me an offer and drive it away, I've seen something I want.

Mate it should have sold instantly at this price. I was thinking about selling mine a bit back but was gonna ask quite a bit more for mine.

I'll bump this. Cant believe its not shifted yet. If it was three months ago it would be mine. Someone have this seriously cool bus 8)

Chugsy said:
I'll bump this. Cant believe its not shifted yet. If it was three months ago it would be mine. Someone have this seriously cool bus 8)

Cheers dude.

Bumpety bump, still here.

Come on, someone must bloody want it. All the best mods have been done and it has all the good bits, CSP brakes, professionally re-timmed westy interior, Alternator conversion, Flat4 wheels, T2D reversed balljoints and slam shocks.

Come and take a look and have a drive, you will NOT be disappointed :)

This is a sweet van, how has this not sold......the world has gone mad.

Gl with the sale im sure it'll happen soon

is it original paint, the back and front look a different shade in the pics, thanks

Out of curiosity can you explain what "no bulkhead behind the fuel tank" is? obviously the other years have one. Is it good or bad not to have one?

Cheers Ben.

Rustyveedub said:
Out of curiosity can you explain what "no bulkhead behind the fuel tank" is? obviously the other years have one. Is it good or bad not to have one?

Cheers Ben.

To answer for Ballbag ... its a 1968 only feature that there is no bulkhead fitted from factory. Whether its better or worse is debatable, VW obviously decided they wanted from from 1969 onwards! :) Anyway,its just a standard feature that was present in 1968 bay window vans alone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts