• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sliding Door Bushes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good guys
So Jason, the fact your mate Steve wans a set, does this mean that the list is at 11 now not 10? :s
I have 3 from VZi
Ash77
Bootscooter
squirt72

so it wont be too long I hope before I can get some more made

Ill have a set too :D

1. Araon
2. Richbaker78
3. robins
4. Dirty Harry
5. Graham L
6. jp
7 doodbrie
8. Gerry (wannabay)
9. Jason (Steve, who's been doing my bus wants a set as well now!
10. Ant
11. Ray

Bugman said:
Looking good guys
So Jason, the fact your mate Steve wans a set, does this mean that the list is at 11 now not 10? :s
I have 3 from VZi
Ash77
Bootscooter
squirt72

so it wont be too long I hope before I can get some more made

One set for me.

Mine are now fitted (well chuffed)
Sliding door is like a new 'un

Count me in :)

1. Araon
2. Richbaker78
3. robins
4. Dirty Harry
5. Graham L
6. jp
7 doodbrie
8. Gerry (wannabay)
10. Ant
11. Ray[/quote]
12.giraffeinbath

Just fitted mine finally.
Pretty easy job, good instructions and the result is great, door shuts like it should at last.

Bargain ;)

Thanks Wibbler :D :D

Well I haven't had the response that I expected with regards getting another batch of these made.
If those that want them are prepared to pay some more for them then I will get a smaller batch made (obviously the less I have made, the more per set they cost)

Let me know your thoughts

1. Araon
2. Richbaker78
3. robins
4. Dirty Harry
5. Graham L
6. jp
7 doodbrie
8. Gerry (wannabay)
10. Ant
11. Ray[/quote]
12.giraffeinbath
13. wanderlust

Araon said:
obviously price is the deciding factor here

I would guess at £15 - £20 per set (I would be getting about half the quantity made this time arround that I had made last time) But I am not making any money at this so they would simply be passed on at cost to you guys - what ever that is

Fair enough - looks like the list will have to do a fair bit of swelling before this is worth while again then!
Dont forget (unless you can make these bushes yourself) your only other option is to buy a complete replacement mechanism - depending whether left or right hand drive (and which site you buy from) you could pay up to £400 for a replacement unit

I would have thought that even at £20 they must be a bargain?? :)

Bump for this one to see if there may be any more interest, that rattly old door just keeps on rattling :mrgreen:

(hope you don't mind the bump Bugman as I know this would give you work to do...)

Bugman said:
The bushes take about 20mins to replace once the mechaism is removed from the van and totally revitalise the "sliding" action

How can you tell if you need them? What should I try on my sliding door to say, 'Yes, I definitely need these bushes replaced?'

Cheers

Mine used to take a really hard push to shut and then it slammed so hard the inner panel would fall off.
In the end I would have to lift the back of the door up to get it to shut first time, from inside it was almost impossible.

Since fitting the bushes it now shuts easy from both sides. Im not going to pretend it shuts as good as a factory fresh bus would have but ive yet to replace the roller and nylon guide.

if you release the track pivot from the track ...as when u take the door off...support the door underneath with a jack/wood and a cloth....

once the pivot hinge is free if you can rock the u hinge in either end of the mech then u'll need these. These new bushes replace the bushes that are worn..........

pics courtesy of ratwell.com
28-OilHinge.jpg

http://www.ratwell.com/technical/SlidingDoor.html

Cheers guys for the replies

Just waiting for the makers to come back to me sith a time they will be ready :) (fingers crossed the price is the same as last time!)

Latest posts