Sliding door just fell off

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamos

Reaction score
It all started years ago when we had or van broken into and all of my tools including generator and welder were stolen.

Stealing the welder from a VW camper owner is like stealing the wheelchair from a legless man. It is just cruel.

Anyway, I digress. They broke in by forcing the sliding door off it's track and wrenching the door off to reveal a layer cake of tool goodies. The sliding door has never been the same since and was further compounded by a bodged up sill repair on one of the few occasions when I have allowed someone else to weld my van.

All of that was in the distant past and we have just been very careful with our grinding sliding door up until today in the pouring rain when I slid it shut and it just fell of narrowly avoiding amputating my toes.

The biggest problem is the horizontal surface that sits above the sill and seems to stop the sliding door from dropping is not really there anymore. The bit above it with the runner seems to be fine and I don't really want to disturb that bit if I can help it.

Is there a panel to replace this horizontal surface? I will then have to replace the sill etc.

Paul

Oh dear!
I used this Alan Schofield one.
http://www.alanhschofield.com/ourparts/prod_2478782-Sliding-Door-Lower-Guide-Left-Side-RHD-6879-214801671D.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not the easiest panel to fit!
Good luck....
Cheers
Dave

Thanks Dave

That looks like the beast. Looks good quality as well.

I will do a little more investigating when it stops raining to see what other panels I will need in that area. I will definitely need an outer sill as well.

Thanks again

Paul

Latest posts