Solar Panels

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tjdixon

Reaction score
Not sure this is the correct forum for this, but has anyone installed any form of Solar Panel system to their van?

I've seen this for Mazda Bongo's solarcampersolutions.co.uk/ just wondered if anyone had anything similar installed...

Tjdixon said:
Not sure this is the correct forum for this, but has anyone installed any form of Solar Panel system to their van?

I've seen this for Mazda Bongo's solarcampersolutions.co.uk/ just wondered if anyone had anything similar installed...

Hi!

I have a solar panel installed - 80W MPPT regulator etc. Have a look on my thread for the build up, components, wiring, etc. Any questions on my build post up on my thread if you like, I'll try to answer any questions, or point you in the right directlon.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11057&start=280" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The company you mention charge £330, plus £80 if you want it fitted.

http://solarcampersolutions.co.uk/index.php/purchase" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have a look at the spec of my components, I researched which ones were best, the regulator the solar company uses is fine, but a MPPT regulator is better, you can get a remote meter to mount anywhere (within cable range) from the main regulator, which is handy, but i decided on mine, as the components inside are much better.

There are many kits with all you need on eBay, a 100w is too big for the rear of a westy luggage rack, a 80 fits fine, my set up was about £180 ish plus cable and fittings. There are loads of links on my thread, look for the posts about the Trojan batterys too. ;)

I think only one/two other members on here have solar,

Danni Cal

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?t=43049" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And I think r73 may have/think about a solar set up. Maybe some folk will come along with details if they have one hopefully?

Cheers,

Alistair

Tjdixon said:
Not sure this is the correct forum for this, but has anyone installed any form of solar panels system to their van?

I've seen this for Mazda Bongo's solarcampersolutions.co.uk/ just wondered if anyone had anything similar installed..
Solar panels system on van is unique concept.. I have never thought about this but I would love to try once for sure..it will solve battery backup problem..

I installed a 170w 48v panel in a roof rack last winter and have not had a flat battery all summer!

Try bimbleinn's website for decent priced panels, all Ive done is hacked the panel to drop it down to 24v output by effectively turning it into two parallel 24v panels and run it through a regulator to my 12v battery bank. I'm getting about 12 amps charge out of it on a good day and am currently about to rebuild it with another identical panel so I can start to barter for electricity at off grid festivals.

Latest posts