• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold!! 1970 South African Import Westy For Sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VWBugMFC

Reaction score
Finally due to lack of use My '70 South African Bay is for sale. Currently not MOT'd but can be if money is right. Basically willing to sell now for less if someone wants to do the little things required to finish or with MOT and some other few bits and bobs done for £8500 or as is for realistic offers. No welding required.

Needs to get back on the road.

Accelerator linkages repaired or replaced (not returning as it should)
Engine serviced (only done 3000 miles, but needs a tune)
Battery
Klaxon horn fitted but goes off when turning hard right.
near side rear taillight has a bad earth.
needs 4 tailgate hinge screws at present but the tailgate will probably be back on next week.

Bought this 2007 as the first owner in the UK from VW Relics, Replaced the refurb single port 1600 with a new Mexican 1600 twin port, Propex fitted, but needs different thermostat to work properly, auxilluary fuse box and sockets fitted but split charge needs replaced. New canvas just fitted. Bodywork good and solid but with a few minor repairs underway.

Too much been done to list everything, but here are some of the additions

Empi fives, propex (needs thermostat), Aluminiun side step, lowered front and rear (adjustable), New canvas, added sink/coolbox unit, cooker/wardrobe to what was there already i.e 3/4 bed, wardrobe unit. Other recent parts are, new cab handles and keys, can be matched to the original key easily, new exhaust, new starter fitted last couple of weeks engine lid seal and hinges. New roof seals, electric washer pump there (to be fitted)

Khyam motordome sleeper Awning can be purchased with the van for extra £350 with groundsheet (used 4 times from new) if not sold with van I will keep it for future use.

Basically bought this van as I wanted an early bay wich is tax exempt, imported so as to ensure that the van was solid, and with the new engine as reliable as it could be, not been dissapointed with this van just needs to be used more. Van has been dry stored for last 18 months, turned over regularly. This is a non walk through model, spare under the twin passanger seat, gives more space in the back and no spare wheel on the front.

Viewing on request by pm.

Pictures were taken before I took it off the road but gives you an idea of what the van is like.

suc50286.jpg

suc50285.jpg

suc50288.jpg

suc50287.jpg

Would consider p/x for good 60's bug plus cash my way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts