South Wales / north devon campsites for the kids

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

froggy

Reaction score
Looking for somewhere in the summer holidays for the kids to enjoy (doubt me and Lu will but hey ho)
Ideally somewhere in either South Wales or Somerset / North Devon.
After somewhere to go after Dubs in the castle for a week or so (Late July / Early August)
Anyone recommend anywhere? Ideally close to a beach
Dont fancy Cornwall this year

We went to St Davids last September - didn't realise it was the Monsoon Season though!

Imagine it would be a cracking place in the dry and the Pembrokeshire coastal is really nice.

Out of week we had 2 dry days - and the sun came out nearly both times.

DSCF3539.jpg

We did the area around New Quay a few years back really enjoyed it, it was late september the weather was brilliant even the few overcast periods were still cracking...we stayed in a farm let as we kinda expected the weather to be shit .... i'll have a chat with the mrs to see if she can remember what sites were that way though....

Araon said:
We did the area around New Quay a few years back really enjoyed it, it was late september the weather was brilliant even the few overcast periods were still cracking...we stayed in a farm let as we kinda expected the weather to be shit .... i'll have a chat with the mrs to see if she can remember what sites were that way though....
We done New Quay a few years ago and swore never to go back! Dont think it helped that the clutch blew out on the way there and were we stayed was in the middle of nowhere so without transport it was useless

Hill End In Llangennith, Gower is a good option, or Ruda in Croyde is another one. Ruda has a splash pool and hires out surf equipment

Latest posts