Split charge system

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeoggie

Reaction score
So, we're due to go away in 11 days (not counting) got the van all prepped, serviced etc. and my leisure battery is dead, this was only replaced about 6months ago and was working fine,

Stupidly whoever put this system in has wired the horn in on this circuit so i've got no horn currently.

I'm presuming the split charge system itself is at fault but, while I can do other stuff myself I wouldn't know what i'm doing with this and would rather get it sorted properly, can someone recommend a company/person who could take a look at it for me in the north west area? - i'm in Wigan

i've messaged Iain at nw aircooled electrics but he hasn't got back to me though I understand he does bigger jobs like full looms etc.

thanks in advance!
Mike

Hi Mike,

I renewed my split charging setup not too long ago.

Not a difficult job to tackle if you haven't already talked yourself out of it.
Take a look at the below kit as a starting point, with ready terminated connectors, and a relay which I can highly recommend.

https://www.simplysplitcharge.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=109_98_112&product_id=61

Unfortunately if you don't fancy it, I can't help with advice of anyone to take the job on though sorry.

Marty

MartyMcFly said:
Hi Mike,

Take a look at the below kit as a starting point, with ready terminated connectors, and a relay which I can highly recommend.

https://www.simplysplitcharge.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=109_98_112&product_id=61

Unfortunately if you don't fancy it, I can't help with advice of anyone to take the job on though sorry.

Marty

Hi Marty,

Cheers for the link man I'll have a look at that. Might have to bite the bullet and attempt it weekend 😬🤞🏻

Mikeoggie said:
MartyMcFly said:
Hi Mike,

Marty

Hi Marty,

Cheers for the link man I'll have a look at that. Might have to bite the bullet and attempt it weekend 😬🤞🏻

If you use a Voltage Sensitive Relay like the Durite shown in that kit then it is very easy to do. All you are doing is connecting one battery to the other, its just a case of deciding the best cable route and where to mount the VSR and fuses.

Mike,
check out my build thread from about halfway down page 6. I walk through fitting my split charge system.
If I can do it you'll p*ss it!

L

lemur said:
Mike,
check out my build thread from about halfway down page 6. I walk through fitting my split charge system.

L

Awesome, cool build thread. cheers man, p.s your bus is a beauty! :)
Mike

Mikeoggie said:
lemur said:
Mike,

L

Awesome, cool build thread. cheers man, p.s your bus is a beauty! :)
Mike
very kind sir, cheers. But did that inspire you to sort your own split charge out? :)
L