Spring plate adjustment

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r73

Reaction score
Ok, having gone back to stock spring plates one side is just under 30mm higher than the other. They did look like they were at the same level but there you go, anyone got any idea on how many splines of inner or outer or both is likely to solve this. Cos although I can adjust em quite quick now it's still a ball ache!!
Oh and also I notice someone in the past has stripped the thread in the hub carrier and used an M12 nut and boot instead. Any major problems with this? What sort of chance will I have of restoring the thread or should I look to replace the hub carrier?
Cheers doooooods 8)

ZedBed said:
30mm is about 1/2 a spline. Experimentation required...
Thanks, :roll: Typical!!
Does that mean up one inner down one outer? Or does it not really work that simple!!

633293.jpg

angle finder and set the angle accordingly !

Thanks guys. Anyone know what I can use as an angle finder? And Where I can get one??

i bought one eventually. a digital one that you zero. this means i dont need to level the van first.

but before then i would jack the van up place a level on the gutter or in the sliding door, jack it till its level then use an old school protractor to set the angle.

Latest posts