Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also had a problem with the o/s handbreak not working, so out with the big-boy windy gun

That failed so plan B

null_zpsdb70e9f0.jpg

Off came the hub nut and the drum, and this was wedged in amongst the brake linings :shock:

null_zps01534606.jpg

That'll be why then! Lucky that we didn't come to a grinding stop :lol:

Some rebuilding and we are back and running

null_zpsac9fa9e4.jpg

Whilst down the shop Wig was cutting some rust out of a replacement door for his bus

null_zps487a8209.jpg

aogrady said:
Hi,

Blimey! Whats that bit, is that part of the handbrake cable?

Cheers!

Alistair

It was supposed to be the brace between the two brake shoes spanning the slots beneath the cylinder, it fell out :lol:

It's the distance bar that keeps the brake shoes apart.
One of the brake shoe retaining pins had "disappeared" causing the trailing shoe to move about, so the distance bar fell out of position and was rattling around inside the drum. That'll be the reason why you had a lack of braking and handbrake efficiency.

:lol:

All fixed now thanks to Nick's big box of obsolete brake parts.

Hey Just

What shocks did you go for in the end on the back. Are you on horseshoes? I cut my bump stop cups way back when but if I go over a dropped manhole cover or anything always get a loud clunk on the back. Never thought it could be the shocks bottoming out, just keep looking for evidence on the body work :oops:

Doh just read this and got my answer http://alturl.com/c8962" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nugsy said:
Hey Just

What shocks did you go for in the end on the back. Are you on horseshoes? I cut my bump stop cups way back when but if I go over a dropped manhole cover or anything always get a loud clunk on the back. Never thought it could be the shocks bottoming out, just keep looking for evidence on the body work :oops:

Doh just read this and got my answer http://alturl.com/c8962" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I thought the banging would be more of a metalic hit rather than the dull thud I got, so never thought it was the shocks. Last nights test run was sweet, but not used it loaded with the trailer on yet so im expecting some driveshaft/chassis action next :lol:

Saw this for sale this week and couldnt resist!!

An 03 V6 4Motion with a genuine 46000 miles on the clock, mint recaros ect ect

look closely

Yes its a VF Engineering Supercharger stage 2 kit 8) fitted at 20k miles. The kit is currently $5999.99 :shock: This car owes someone a small fortune............not me tho ;)

Pumps out 280bhp, delivery is so smooth all the way up to the new 7k redline its unreal! And it looks like a normal everyday Golf, a true Q car :D

Cant quite see the figures on this label

Anyone know this garage?

Well,,,,,,

I WAS looking forward to picking up me new Berlin interior in the morning n fitting it in the afternoon, BUT after re reading your thread, it may take a little longer than I thought :shock: :cry:

Think I'm getting the one with the cooker on the top tho??.?

Lee C said:
Well,,,,,,

I WAS looking forward to picking up me new Berlin interior in the morning n fitting it in the afternoon, BUT after re reading your thread, it may take a little longer than I thought :shock: :cry:

Nice one you won't regret it! I purposely went for the non delux sink unit as I wanted a grill with my hob tho if your not bothered then they are great. I bought the delux fridge as I wanted electric. Ill keep an eye on your thread 8)

creationblue said:

look closely

Yes its a VF Engineering Supercharger stage 2 kit 8) fitted at 20k miles. The kit is currently $5999.99 :shock: This car owes someone a small fortune............not me tho ;)

Pumps out 280bhp, delivery is so smooth all the way up to the new 7k redline its unreal! And it looks like a normal everyday Golf, a true Q car :D

Anyone know this garage?

That is so so cool! 8)

creationblue said:
Lee C said:
Well,,,,,,

Nice one you won't regret it! I purposely went for the non delux sink unit as I wanted a grill with my hob tho if your not bothered then they are great. I bought the delux fridge as I wanted electric. Ill keep an eye on your thread 8)

I will be asking you a few questions!!!!
Took a canny bit of doing even getting the thing out of the 78 we took it from on Saturday!!
:shock:
Hopefully when it is all in it'll be champion!?!

Heebee_GB said:
That is so so cool! 8)

Thanks Gaz, had a call from the garage I bought it from today to give me the POs number saying he got loads of service receipts ect and another key he wants to pass on to me, so that's a bonus too :D

Lee C said:
creationblue said:
Lee C said:
Well,,,,,,

I will be asking you a few questions!!!!
Took a canny bit of doing even getting the thing out of the 78 we took it from on Saturday!!
:shock:
Hopefully when it is all in it'll be champion!?!

Ill reply on your thread 8)

what size tire is on the back of your bus. i have the same rims that i am going to run on my 70. didn't know how much room with the adapter and the fender lip you had left. i will be running 15x7 et52.3 in the rear and 15x6 et 52.3 on the front.

Oh yeah and Clive Athowe Tuning are quite near to me in Norwich, do a lot of Bosch electronic stuff. Got a very good reputation :)

creationblue said:

look closely

Anyone know this garage?

Cool Just. 8)

Id rather be 'Blown'! ;)

:lol:

smokehouse said:
what size tire is on the back of your bus. i have the same rims that i am going to run on my 70. didn't know how much room with the adapter and the fender lip you had left. i will be running 15x7 et52.3 in the rear and 15x6 et 52.3 on the front.

Hi I'm running 195/70/15 on the rear and it feels the fender lip perfectly, the 7" rim will be fine as there is plenty of room, post a pic when they're on 8)

Alpine Burt said:
Oh yeah and Clive Athowe Tuning are quite near to me in Norwich, do a lot of Bosch electronic stuff. Got a very good reputation :)

Cool, I may get some paperwork tomorrow with a bit of luck

Latest posts