Stainless steel hub caps

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjb01

Reaction score
Hi guys I’ve managed to loose 1 of my hub caps.
Came flying off on the A14!
Does anyone know where I can buy just1 hubcap with the Vw logo and stainless?
Regards Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there, they do come up from time to time but I’m guessing yours are 112 PCD
(stud spacing) 1971 and onwards which is the same as the LateBay use and I’m sure you’ll have more chance on their parts for sale page and I’m pretty sure I saw some the day before yesterday on there. Original ones are like hens teeth maybe stainless will be a little easier to source. If you have 205 PCD which is commonly known as wide fives then that’ll be more like rocking horse shit and genuine ones are the stuff of legend unfortunately :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,which do you have ? :!: :mrgreen:

The guy that had some over on the LateBay is Deefer66, he’d replied to a post of hubcaps wanted plus Davidoft says he’s got some too. Pop over there and P. M. Them both and I’m sure they’ll come up trumps.

Ozziedog,,,,,,they’re a good bunch over there. :mrgreen:

Is it possible to lockwire them on somehow? Maybe drill a few extra holes round the edge? I'll look into it as one of mine came off, luckily was able to stop and pick it up.

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

I recently had my wheels powder coated (wide five) and when I put the hub caps back on the rear near side one didn’t ‘pop’ on like the other three did although it seemed to be held on. Sure enough 100 yards down the road on the first drive, the hub cap fell off and rolled onto a neighbours drive [emoji2955]
I collected it, and when home again I carefully bent the riveted on springs out a little, just by hand, so that the hub cap then pushed on with a sort of ‘pop’ which tells you the springs are retaining it on the wheel properly.

kjb01 said:
Hi guys I’ve managed to loose 1 of my hub caps.
Came flying off on the A14!
Does anyone know where I can buy just1 hub cap with the Vw logo and stainless?
Regards Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh the A14...the VW hubcap junkyard.

If you drive up towards Newmarket direction. There's a potholey bit of road where you while find my lost stainless steeled VW logo hub cap lying on the side of the road. Help yourself. :D

It cost me a fair hundred quid to buy a new set of Wolfsburg West hubcaps from the US.

My ‘71’s hubcaps are just fine, (and thanks for asking) but I am looking for a set of new stainless steel hubcaps w/ VW logo to fit my ‘71.

I seem to recall a supplier in Egypt, but of course I cannot find them again.

Any ideas?

Wolfsburgh classic parts. Bought a set from them 4+ years ago and still as sweet as the day I put them on. Grease the blighters first on the inner rim as they are as tight as a tight thing on tight Sunday....

Wolfsburgh classic parts. Bought a set from them 4+ years ago and still as sweet as the day I put them on. Grease the blighters first on the inner rim as they are as tight as a tight thing on tight Sunday....
I’ve looked at that website (thank you for that) but searching for “wheel covers” or “hubcap” brings up nothing. Clearly, I have the intelligence of a potato. Can you supply a link?

Latest posts