Starting Issue

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin L

Reaction score
My worst fear has come to life. Electrical problem, I'm colour blind and have always struggled with electrics! Turned ignition on today......Nothing! No lights on speedo, No click of the starter motor, Nothing.
Have checked battery and Leisure battery, both fully charged. Checked Fuses, all ok. Earth strap good. Where do I look next? Was hoping to go to Dub Freeze Sun over Stafford.
Last driven a month ago, never had a problem with it in 2 1/2 years of owning her.

Unlikely to be fuses, sound like a break in the main feed like sparky suggested, if you can get underneath the first place to look is at the starter motor, check the 13mm nut is tight as that acts as a junction box for the power going forward, after that it goes to the light switch, ignition switch and then fuse box ( year dependant)

Thanks both for the advice. Helpful as always.
Problem fixed! Bit of advise the other way now.........I first checked the batteries with my newly purchased Absaar battery tester/charger, showing all was good! Started checking everything. Re-checked Battery with a old fashioned light tester.......nothing in battery! Put my neighbours battery tester across my battery....Flat as a Witches Tit. Put my new Absaar tester across the fully charged battery on my Notch, showing it was empty.
New tester being taken back tomorrow first thing.

Thanks both for the advice. Helpful as always.
Problem fixed! Bit of advise the other way now.........I first checked the batteries with my newly purchased Absaar battery tester/charger, showing all was good! Started checking everything. Re-checked Battery with a old fashioned light tester.......nothing in battery! Put my neighbours battery tester across my battery....Flat as a Witches Tit. Put my new Absaar tester across the fully charged battery on my Notch, showing it was empty.
New tester being taken back tomorrow first thing.
New battery tester arrived yesterday. All working as it should be.
Apparently they had a batch that were wired the wrong way round, showing empty batteries full and full ones empty! Disgruntled employee maybe??

Latest posts