Starting woooooooooos

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scampi

Reaction score
My van is having trouble firing up!

It will crank when the key is turned but just won't fire up!

Managed to bump start is and it is ok running although very juddery and splattery!

I am running Kadrons and sometimes get the spluttering for the first couple of minutes when started but not as major as it is the moment. The starteing procedure has gradually got worse over the last couple of days and taken longer and longer until tonight when I had to bump start her?

Any ideas?

Thanks

sounds like the carbs need a tune or a clean up. have you got good spark? when was the last time you changed the fuel filter?

agree with the above^^^^^ could be the fuel pump diaphram (however you spell it) is dodgy aswell. More likely to be tune up time 8)

Check the idle jets & the points gap.

(I always start with checking the valve clearances).

Well I just done a compression test anyway and found out that I am running on 3 cylinders also :cry:

Anyway the rebuild kits have come for the carbs but looks like the engine is coming out anyway and being split anyway!

Maybe a rebuild time for me :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

chuck it ion the bin dude and get that 1776 revved up! :twisted:

Scampi said:
No it was going to be my next job sir but started hammering it down!

Forgot to mention it is also burning a lot of fuel!

remember it has to be stone cold, id leave it over night and do it first thing.
it will burn a lot of fuel as its only burning it on 3 cylinders!

Okay, will pop down to halfrauds later today and get some feeler gauges as seen to of misplaced mine :?

Ez, would love to get that plan going but need to get the £'s for it first! :cry:

Don't really want to put it on Mr Credit Card.

Latest posts