Stone Roses 2013 dates

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clem said:
Support for London on Saturday is Johnny Marr, Miles Kane and PiL - that'll do for me 8)

Yep - I'm very happy with that lineup.

Going to be another crazy night. Heaton Park will take some beating, but at least I have a hotel to crash at this time!

Matt

1 more day of work then off to 'TheSmoke' with the lads to see history again,. 8) I dont expect it to touch Heaton park that was mental!! 8)
But yea I'm well buzzin and cant wait to see em again... and the film "Made of Stone" is out today at Cinemas.

Got a hotel right next to Venue so no walking in the pissing rain for what seemed an eternity like last time!!

Heaton park on the Friday was awesome .. Hope they are as good this time round. Glasgow green for me next week with primal scream and jake bugg.

myvanway 69 said:
1 more day of work then off to 'TheSmoke' with the lads to see history again,. 8) I dont expect it to touch Heaton park that was mental!! 8)
But yea I'm well buzzin and cant wait to see em again... and the film "Made of Stone" is out today at Cinemas.

Got a hotel right next to Venue so no walking in the pissing rain for what seemed an eternity like last time!!

It's gonna be great not to be sloshing about in wellies this time! 8)

Bit of info -

Friday 7th

16:00 - Gates

17:15 - Rudimental

17:50 - Changeover

18:15 - The Courteeners

18:55 - Changeover

19:20 - Dizzee Rascal

20:05 - Changeover

20:40 - The Stone Roses

22:30 - Curfew

Saturday 8th

16:00 - Gates

17:15 - Miles Kane

17:50 - Changeover

18:15 - Johnny Marr

18:55 - Changeover

19:20 - Public Image Ltd

20:05 - Changeover

20:40 - The Stone Roses

22:30 - Curfew

I like the look of the Saturday support acts, but I'm mystified by the order in which they are playing.

I'd have thought PiL first (that way I don't have to get there too early), followed by Miles Kane and then Johnny Marr finishing with a couple of Smiths tracks to whip everyone up a bit!

The consensus is that the Faltering Fullback is the best boozer in the area if you get there early. http://www.thefullback.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. That's where we're heading on Saturday afternoon from 3ish if anyone fancies a pint!

http://www.thefullback.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Noted. 8) Nice one, I'll check it out tomorrow for a few Jars!
Weather still looking good.

Let ya'll know how it goes tommoz.

Yeah, I want to see Miles Kane but would skip PIL given the choice ... Never mind.

Let us know if they do the front area wristbands for the first arrivals again?

Miles Kane - excellent.
Johnny Marr - legend!
PiL - Dire ... sorry
Stone Roses - monumental :D

Destroyed one pair of expensive specs tonight :(
Shit happens :lol:

Clem said:
Miles Kane - excellent.
Johnny Marr - legend!
PiL - Dire ... sorry
Stone Roses - monumental :D

Destroyed one pair of expensive specs tonight :(
Shit happens :lol:

Just seen ya glasses! :shock:
Guess you had an awesome one too! :lol:

Trashed my new vans... Kept getting showered by walm beer!? :?
And got wiped out by a crowd suffer... It's all good! :lol:

No new material though.... Yet!

:shock:
It was mental up the front, but superb. Loved it.

:lol: @ Warm beer

Some of those instrumental breaks were absolutely astounding. I will never tire of the extended version of "Fools Gold" where John Squire breaks into the Riff of "Day Tripper".

The musicianship last night was probably better than Heaton Park, though Ian Brown's voice didn't hold up quite as well. If the experimentation in the reworking of the existing back catalogue is translated into new material, I might just wet myself!

Latest posts