Strange steering box problem...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holeydub

Reaction score
Sorry not been on here ages as life got in the way...

So just fit in a refurbed steering box to my 69 and I'm fitting it back in the same way I took the original off and now when I steer to the left the wheels turn to the right and vice versa. I'm pretty stumped I haven't changed anything and the box is exactly the same as what I took off.

Schofields is closed now so can't call them until Monday but I'm scratching my head at this one. It's definitely not a right and drive box as they are different so wonder if the internals have been put in the wrong way around or from a right-hand drive box??

As long as you have the arm fitted facing down on the box then yes lh in rh by the sound of it.

Sorry not been on here ages as life got in the way...

So just fit in a refurbed steering box to my 69 and I'm fitting it back in the same way I took the original off and now when I steer to the left the wheels turn to the right and vice versa. I'm pretty stumped I haven't changed anything and the box is exactly the same as what I took off.

Schofields is closed now so can't call them until Monday but I'm scratching my head at this one. It's definitely not a right and drive box as they are different so wonder if the internals have been put in the wrong way around or from a right-hand drive box??
Ozziedog,,,,,,,great anti theft device,, top marks for that :)

Latest posts