• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Swap GPX 600 for Scooter or Moped

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsunamivw

Reaction score
Hi All

Ive got a 1993 Kawasaki GPX 600 in good condition, takes a little while to warm up but then lovely, long MOT and Tax.

Most of the travelling I'm doing is under five miles and I don't want to dress like the michelin man to do it so I'm looking for something a bit more civilised.

I'd love a Vespa again but being practical would consider a moped, nothing less than a 125 but bigger is fine as well.

I'm in Lancashire, near Preston so if you're interested PM me with what you've got.

Cheers
IMG_0352.jpg

Thanks for the tip Clyde but its the going to work in all the gear thats a pain, I know its not logical but I'm happy to ride a scooter with work clothes on but the Kawasaki can get up to a serious speed so I wear all the kit and thats a pain at work at the moment :)

If you look mate most if not all serious scooterist wear all the gear, falling of at 60 will hurt whatever you fall from. Most people dont manage much higher speeds on the work commute either on a Blade or a Buzz50
I used to make the same mistake. Id wear all the gear to go on a ride out etc on my Bike,then just throw on the lid and whatever i was wearing to say nip around a mates or to the shops etc. The journey was different but the chances of falling off the same.

Nice bike by the way. My mate had one when they first came out and i loved it. (not enough to stop me buying a load of Hondas though)

Good luck with the sale a stay safe whatever you decide........i think car drivers are getting worse towards cyclists/motorcyclists.

I agree totally, but on my journey I won't get above thirty, but I can't bring myself to ride the kwak in street clothes and when i ride my bike I get sweaty which is fine by me but my students aren't too keen :) so even though I agree motorists are getting dumber (why does a bike or motorbike mean you can pull out on me) I'm still looking at a scoot

Cheers

Latest posts