Swedish "fake early" SC

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldeschoolvw

Reaction score
I have been a frequent reader on this forum for some time now, hope you like my latest v-dub creation. Its a -74 SC that was standing out in a field a little more than a year ago.
i have replaced most of the panels to try and make it look like an early bay because they look so much nicer than the late ones.

The chassie has been heavily modified with a 4" narrowed and 4" raised front beam, raised steering box, tubbed front wheel arches, home made adjustable springplates in the rear together with home made horse shoe plates.

When i picked it up it looked like this :)
pa1.JPG

dsc00261ew9.jpg

bild029du9.jpg

pn5.JPG

bild036vo2.jpg

Hope you like it :)

youve done a great job on it even swapping for earlier arches :D

the only thing that gives it away is the flared rear arches and the square edged grill, but youd have to look close to notice. nice job indeed 8)

Raising the beam was a lot of work, and some parts needed modification, like the shifter rod etc.

I believe that it was worth it because now my front bumper is the lowest part of the car, the ride is ok, its hard but if it would be to soft i would be scraping my bumper all the time, it only sits 3,5" above the ground :)
Here are some pics of the beam raising

pe5.JPG

pe6.JPG

pe9.JPG

pf3.JPG

pf4.JPG

pg1.JPG

Damn, this one looks good.

It was defenitly worth the effort if you ask me.
I was also toying withe the idea of raising the frontbeam. Do you by any chance know how much you can raise the beam without notching the chassis?

Greetz

Wim

GAS-deluxe said:
I was also toying withe the idea of raising the frontbeam. Do you by any chance know how much you can raise the beam without notching the chassis?

Dont know how much you can raise it without any notching, dont think its very much though... Byt i think you can raise it 1-1½" without having to cut the floor between the frames.

Nice work :mrgreen: and welcome 8)

Johnny said:
the only thing that gives it away is the flared rear arches...

Earlybay's ('71 onwards) had flared rear arches anyway...I guess if you got a genuine pickup in '71/'72 it would have flared rears.

I ditched them on mine and put early ones on...much nicer.

Latest posts