T2 1972 Bay Rear Heating vents

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnb

Reaction score
Hi - I've recently been refitting my bay. I've taken out the two heater vents under the rear seat to make space for a leisure battery and electrics under the seat.

I've still got the two pipe ends coming up into the van. Had anyone capped these / blocked off and what did they use?

thanks John

From what I remember I just formed a couple of bits of metal over them & self tapped them to the floor (to help duct the heat to the front)

On panel vans and converted vans like some Devon’s. There were no vents at all from stock. You can see on these that the pipe just shows a bulge where they show through. If you’re not using the original heating pipes then you can just fit some flat metal over to stop the draft, but if you are, then you really need to recreate the bulge / bend to allow the warm air to flow freely as any restrictions on this bend will severely reduce / stop warm air getting to the cab. :? :shock: :?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, at no time did I write ‘hot’ , :mrgreen:

Latest posts