Taking your dog abroad help

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biscuit

Reaction score
We have a cocker spaniel and now he's nearly 2 years old and his training now at an acceptable level we wanted to know the do's and don'ts about taking him to France, holland etc and not sure whats invloved.

Has anyone done it?
apart from a doggie passport what else do you need paper work wise.
How much of a problem is it getting the dogs back on the ferry home?

Any tips or help you can pass our way would be meuch appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

Biscuit said:
We have a cocker spaniel and now he's nearly 2 years old and his training now at an acceptable level we wanted to know the do's and don'ts about taking him to France, holland etc and not sure whats invloved.

Has anyone done it?
apart from a doggie passport what else do you need paper work wise.
How much of a problem is it getting the dogs back on the ferry home?

Any tips or help you can pass our way would be meuch appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

We looked into it a few years ago for our German Shorthaired Pointer but decided it was more effort than it was worth esp. having to find a vets near the port on the way back & knowing what other dogs can be like in the countries we are likely to be visiting (Hungary in particular) - so he goes on holiday to my Dads (who is a dog sitter anyway) in Dorset when we go abroad. We mostly holiday in the UK anyway in which case he comes in the van with us but we do visit my in-laws in Hungary periodically. Hes a pretty fit & active dog so I think he prefers getting decent walks in the country rather than being dragged round cities anyway.

Latest posts